Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit? - Nabu

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bye Mr. Bear...  (Read 1170 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Bye Mr. Bear...
« on: May 17, 2007, 10:31:14 pm »

<sigh>

My avatar is gone. The company I was using for my webhosting sent me an invoice for the next year. I wrote back and said, "No, I would rather use one of your lower-costing plans, because I don't really use the webhosting much anymore, and really just want the e-mail address and a place to noodle around now and then with some HTML." They wrote back and said, "We can do that, but you'll have to pay for the service you already have, submit a request-to-downgrade application with the $69 downgrade fee, and after 90 days the difference is refunded to you."

I basically said "Fuck that," but forgot that I was storing my Warhol Cornelius on the site. I think I still have it on my desktop, but the desktop is in Virginia preparing to be moved.

So if I look a little naked right now, that's why. And if anyone has some suggestions on a decent hosting provider, I'm all ears.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Bye Mr. Bear...
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 02:55:40 am »

Check out Tranquilhost.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Bye Mr. Bear...
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 04:24:59 pm »

Sometimes it amazes me how ephemeral stuff on the 'net can be.  Useful stuff, that is.  Embarrasing, or amateurish, or illegal stuff probably has a karmic persistence btye set somehow.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up