Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Surprising fact: wearing clothes burns 12 more calories per day than nudity.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Xbox 360 Gamers Represent  (Read 9407 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Xbox 360 Gamers Represent
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2007, 02:13:18 am »

The favourite part in my mind is fort frolic with the composer. I won't go in to detail because I don't want to spoil it but there are some good scenes in there.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Xbox 360 Gamers Represent
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2007, 10:29:08 pm »

I would  like to share with you a moment I had in BioShock a few minutes ago. Here's what happened: I find a lone big daddy and decide to use the hypnotize plasmid on him. He kills off a few splicers for me, and I decide that instead of killing him right away, I'll let him tag along for a little bit. Best decision I've ever made. Just a few corners away, I run into another big daddy and start a BIG DADDY VS BIG DADDY BRAWL. So ridiculously, amazingly cool. The best part? When both their health bars are nearing empty, I lob a grenade at the pair and send them both into the next world. Which, of course, is followed by giddy looting. Easiest 150 dollars I've made in the game so far.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Xbox 360 Gamers Represent
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2007, 04:21:04 pm »

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/09/13/thompson-sends-own-son-on-personal-sting-operation-against-best/

This is funny. Jack Thompson sent his 15 year old son to Best Buy to pick up a copy of BioShock in order to prove that these types of stores will sell M-rated games to kids. Apparently his son was successful, so... congratulations! Your son is an ogre. I was carded at Best Buy when I bought BioShock and I'm 22 years old.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Xbox 360 Gamers Represent
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2007, 04:27:34 pm »

the ending was pretty cool. I watched the "bad ending" on Youtube, and our ending was better.

yes, I did stop playing. yes, my roommate did beat the game.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Xbox 360 Gamers Represent
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2007, 04:41:11 pm »

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/09/13/thompson-sends-own-son-on-personal-sting-operation-against-best/

This is funny. Jack Thompson sent his 15 year old son to Best Buy to pick up a copy of BioShock in order to prove that these types of stores will sell M-rated games to kids. Apparently his son was successful, so... congratulations! Your son is an ogre. I was carded at Best Buy when I bought BioShock and I'm 22 years old.

Uh, game ratings are voluntary. Stores don't have to pay attention to who they sell the games to unless they feel like it. Ditto for video stores and movie theaters.
Logged

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Xbox 360 Gamers Represent
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2007, 05:11:12 pm »

Uh, game ratings are voluntary. Stores don't have to pay attention to who they sell the games to unless they feel like it. Ditto for video stores and movie theaters.

Yes, and Best Buy is one of the 99% of retailers who volunteer to use the ratings. I was just making a comment on the fact that this 15 year old kid managed to not get carded at one of the more strict retailers around (in my experience, at least). Hence Mr. Thompson should instead be worried about the fact that his son appears to have the same disease as Robin Williams in the movie Jack.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Xbox 360 Gamers Represent
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2007, 05:22:28 pm »

Yes, and Best Buy is one of the 99% of retailers who volunteer to use the ratings. I was just making a comment on the fact that this 15 year old kid managed to not get carded at one of the more strict retailers around (in my experience, at least). Hence Mr. Thompson should instead be worried about the fact that his son appears to have the same disease as Robin Williams in the movie Jack.

Really? That many? Wow. Back when I was buying SNES games nobody even noticed the ratings. I guess just because the system was in its infancy. I just assumed that it was like movie ratings, where only a couple of theaters actually enforce the "nobody under 18 admitted" policy but most parents think that all theaters have to.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Xbox 360 Gamers Represent
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2007, 02:33:21 am »

Really? That many? Wow. Back when I was buying SNES games nobody even noticed the ratings. I guess just because the system was in its infancy. I just assumed that it was like movie ratings, where only a couple of theaters actually enforce the "nobody under 18 admitted" policy but most parents think that all theaters have to.
This is about the case in my experience, just there are people like JT who make their careers out of scaring parents.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Xbox 360 Gamers Represent
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2007, 08:38:12 am »

I will get an Xbox 360 for my birthday in November, or for Christmas. the main reason is so that I can play Halo 3. So as not to basically have an expensive Halo 3 machine, I will also get other games, to make the investment worthwhile. Off the top of my head: Dead Rising, Crackdown, BioShock.

Jack Thompson is like some bumbling supervillain. If he was fictional, I might actually enjoy watching/reading him. But he's real, so whatever.

I'm very familiar with looking older than I am. When I was in the 6th grade, about age 12, I answered the phone in the office 1st period, and literally everyone thought I was a grown-up. When I was a freshman in high school, people thought I was a senior. When I was a senior, people thought I was in my mid-20s. I've never been carded buying an M-rated game or a ticket to an R-rated movie. One time, my grandparents saw a picture of me, and seriously thought it was my dad. I've gotten looks from strangers for canoodling with girls only a year younger than me, because the age gap looks so much bigger.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up