Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hydroponic seltzer clams.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: fuck*ng water and ducks everywhere  (Read 2372 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
fuck*ng water and ducks everywhere
« on: July 24, 2007, 01:40:23 am »

This is ridiculous. After pretty much the worst rain I've ever seen in England (in a climate not known for its lack of participation in the water cycle) everywhere is flooded. Every year we get some in the odd area, but this is remarkably nationwide. I live on top of a hill; the house next door to ours, despite being in a raised position and two miles from a river, has water seeping in from under the floorboards. I cannot step out out of my house without wellies on if I want to avoid dry cleaning my socks later.

The nearest middle-sized town is a sad sight. The not-quite bustling high street has been waterlogged; my favourite haunts such as the library, cafe, takeaways and Post Office are inaccessible. I stole a sandpit and length of pipe curiously lying in the middle of the street and gondala'd my way between the buildings. While the childishness of such an action was fun it was still a sad sight.

There is a bridge over the aforementioned nearest river which I normally dip my feet in during the summer while I read. If I tried that now I'd be up to my sporran in unwanted river water and the occasional bastard duck.

Furthermore, there are many unfortunate people in the country entirely without access to basic amenities such as water (humorous aspect of that noted), electricity, food and toilet paper due to the abundance of liquid. I am, no doubt, relatively lucky.

Spare a thought for cold, grey, soggy England and it's bastard weather. We had a fuck*ng hosepipe ban last year due to unprecedented heat levels! Talk about karma (in the incorrect sense) biting you on the arse. I only hope your summer is more of what a proper summer should be.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 02:06:56 am by JudyIsADickSlap »
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: fuck*ng water and ducks everywhere
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 01:50:04 am »

I thought you guys were quite accustomed to the damp... but they said on the radio that in some places there was a normal month's worth of rain in just a few hours on Friday.  That is a bit much.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: fuck*ng water and ducks everywhere
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 01:56:35 am »

Welcome to Houston Judy.  Stay calm, the water will recede.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: fuck*ng water and ducks everywhere
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 01:58:05 am »

Oh, but look. You may have floods, but you still have milkmen. In Wellies!

http://media.npr.org/news/images/2007/jul/23/flood_500.jpg
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: fuck*ng water and ducks everywhere
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 02:23:59 am »

Sandpit? Hosepipe? Wellies? Sporran?

Wait a minute - you're having me on!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: fuck*ng water and ducks everywhere
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 02:34:45 am »

No, I believe he's taking the piss.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: fuck*ng water and ducks everywhere
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 04:52:07 am »

Sorry to hear about that.

Not quite as bad, but my city had something like 30+ days of constant rain during our usual driest months (the last two, well August too, but whatever).
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: fuck*ng water and ducks everywhere
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 06:05:25 am »

After the flash floods we had last spring, my heart's with you, judy. We had an entire bunkhouse get taken out by a mudslide. Thank god it happened while the kids were at school, otherwise it would've been really ugly.
Logged

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: fuck*ng water and ducks everywhere
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 06:33:47 am »

I heard something about that on NPR. Isn't there a scarcity of drinking water?

Stay dry.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: fuck*ng water and ducks everywhere
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 08:40:08 pm »

"Water, water everywhere, so let's all take a drink!"
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1]   Go Up