Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Have you ever woken up to find phrases like "cryogenic baseball player" in your Google search field?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nobody's Posting  (Read 7680 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Nobody's Posting
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2007, 10:48:44 pm »

C'mon, it's poetic and shit, people.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Nobody's Posting
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2007, 11:24:43 pm »

Wow, so it's a comedy then? 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Nobody's Posting
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2007, 11:51:01 pm »

Well, I think that the scene with the hand decapitated in a lumber factory is hilarious...
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Nobody's Posting
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2007, 06:41:47 am »

Well, I think that the scene with the hand decapitated in a lumber factory is hilarious...

That is one freaky-ass hand.

I do love stories with a happy ending though.

Imagine really meeting people in a dream though and then meeting them in real life, it would be all such as "Huh, it's weird to see you without that shirt made out of fingerpaintings that hung on the wall of my grandmother's old house."
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Nobody's Posting
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2007, 10:47:29 am »

That is one freaky-ass hand.

*sigh*, yes, I meant "severed". Just sometimes I should check a coupla language sites before hitting "post". As for the dreams, the book is full of descriptions of lucid dreams experiences (I hope they're not boring, I tried to make them exciting in a Calvin-esque way). Anyone here has had one of them?
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Nobody's Posting
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2007, 12:30:24 pm »

(because they're *amazing*)
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Nobody's Posting
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2007, 02:53:59 pm »

Does anyone have Nabu's phone number? Can you call him and  tell him I miss him in a non-homosexual way?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: Nobody's Posting
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2007, 05:26:13 pm »

As for the dreams, the book is full of descriptions of lucid dreams experiences (I hope they're not boring, I tried to make them exciting in a Calvin-esque way). Anyone here has had one of them?

I had one once, but I only became lucid when I realized the dream was turning into a nightmare, so all I did was will myself awake.  I've also had a false awakening from a non-lucid dream before, which was pretty cool.

On a somewhat related note, the scariest dream I ever had as a kid involved lying in bed talking to my dad, who was sitting on the foot of the bed.  I had no idea I was in a dream until I woke up very suddenly, lying in the exact same position and with everything the same as in the dream, except that my dad wasn't there and everything was dark.  You can imagine how much I freaked out.

Also strange was the time I dreamt that the government had built a Death Star in orbit around the sun, and then decided to fire the superlaser because of something that had happened in Iraq.  I spent the entire dream trying to find my way out of a parking garage while I counted down the seconds until the world would end.  I woke up thinking, "Whew!  It was only a dream!  They'd never actually use the Death Star."  It was literally hours before I remembered that the Death Star didn't even exist.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Nobody's Posting
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2007, 09:30:53 pm »

I had one once, but I only became lucid when I realized the dream was turning into a nightmare, so all I did was will myself awake.  I've also had a false awakening from a non-lucid dream before, which was pretty cool.

I once had a semi-lucid dream that was basically nothing but a series of false awakenings: I would wake up, say "huh, that was freaky," and go about my business, only to find that things around me were still strange. This repeated four or five times before I finally woke up, and even reality didn't seem right for about fifteen minutes afterwards.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Nobody's Posting
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2007, 09:36:37 pm »

I once had a semi-lucid dream that was basically nothing but a series of false awakenings: I would wake up, say "huh, that was freaky," and go about my business, only to find that things around me were still strange.
There was a Calvin and Hobbes strip that pretty much outlined a similar experience I had one morning (high school).  I woke up, did all the usual stuff - went to school, sat through classes, went to practice and worked like hell, sat down to do some homework and just could not figure out this math problem.  I stared at it, puzzled over it, thought I was getting it...and my alarm went off, waking me for the day I had just finished dreaming.  That was so goddamn frustrating.

If my mom was reading this, she's say that she knew it was a dream when I started talking about sitting down to do my homework.  My mom has a smart mouth that way.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up