Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The next time you appreciate how nice large titties look, be happy and smile to yourself. You deserve it.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fridge contents?  (Read 7352 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Fridge contents?
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2007, 01:44:52 am »

I love me some frozen edamame. I used to get fresh but it comes in like 3 lb containers and I could never stir fry it all before it went bad.

I'm with Dawg, here. You can pretty much do anything with it, and it's damn near the seminal* foodstuff.



*Man, could this go places.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Fridge contents?
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2007, 01:51:42 am »

Stirfry it? Is that the only way you eat it?

Stir fry is basically my default thing to cook and I always put edamame in it. I'm not crazy about eating them straight as just a snack.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Fridge contents?
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2007, 03:55:14 am »

Oh man, before I realized I couldn't eat soy I used to make a great edamame salad.  It was so good.  The recipe was right on the Safeway bag.  I'll find it for you if you want it.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Fridge contents?
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2007, 03:58:45 am »

Stir fry is basically my default thing to cook and I always put edamame in it. I'm not crazy about eating them straight as just a snack.

Jesus, Mel! You're allergic to SOY?

Edamame is pretty much my favorite snickety-snack ever. I haven't had any in a long while due to Circumstances (bein' poor and having to sell off my entire couture perfume collection means that I don't get to buy stuff, including food, very often. The upside to this is that I've stuck to the Hacker's Diet very well, and I wore a pair of size-smaller jeans today and felt hella foxy). As soon as I get my paycheck next week from this contract work I did for an engineer...daaaaaaaaaaaaamn. I'm getting some hell of tasty edamame and maybe even some miso soup.
Logged

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: Fridge contents?
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2007, 05:13:35 pm »

I like to get frozen edamame in the pods. Usually I default to boiling the crap out of them and sprinkling on some salt before eating. For some reason I haven't really considered using it as an ingredient. For a dish.
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Fridge contents?
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2007, 05:19:00 pm »

I like a big bowl of edamame with a bit of the fake spray butter on it.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Fridge contents?
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2007, 05:04:37 am »

I don't know that I've ever eaten these things.

Why is this?
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Fridge contents?
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2007, 06:08:00 am »

I don't know that I've ever eaten these things.

Why is this?

They are grelicious and are often served as an appetizer at Japanese restaurants. They are best (imho) when served chilled and sprinkled with sea salt. However, some restaurants serve them piping hot. They're just this little bowl of green beans, and you pop the bean out of the pod, and into your mouth. they're awesome. Highly recommended. Don't eat the shell.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Fridge contents?
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2007, 05:19:43 am »

The local Hawaiian way is to boil them for two minutes (in the pod), turn down the heat and simmer 7-8 minutes, drain 'em, turn em' out into bowl, put butter, garlic, and sea salt in the pan, soften up the garlic (so it sweetens too) but don't brown it (and don't burn the butter), return the pods, toss it all together, heat through, return to the bowl and eat 'em up.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up