Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I shouldn't have to tell people not to hit me on the head nearly so often as I do.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Time magazine's 50 worst cars  (Read 1184 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Time magazine's 50 worst cars
« on: September 08, 2007, 03:03:02 pm »

http://www.time.com/time/specials/2007/article/0,28804,1658545_1657686,00.html

I dont care who you are or what you thought you knew, this is some hilarious shit. I think the writer had his slant on.

"This is the car that gave Communism a bad name. Powered by a two-stroke pollution generator that maxed out at an ear-splitting 18 hp, the Trabant was a hollow lie of a car constructed of recycled worthlessness (actually, the body was made of a fiberglass-like Duroplast, reinforced with recycled fibers like cotton and wood)."
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 03:20:18 pm by NYU »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Time magazine's 50 worst cars
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 05:51:20 pm »

The best part of this article is, by far, the insane early car designs. Who can't love the car with a fake hoss head on the front, to avoid spooking hosss? Or the OctoAuto? Priceless.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Time magazine's 50 worst cars
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 06:31:07 pm »

The first one is priceless. The hoss head car. Heh.

There are some cars in there that I've never heard of. I emailed a copy of that article to my gearhead friend, Luke. I'm sure he'll get a kick out of it.

And yes, A-CAP, the author of that article was certainly feelin' no pain as he wrote it. Heh.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Time magazine's 50 worst cars
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 06:43:30 pm »

hmm.

Um, I kind of love the designs of a lot of these cars. So cool looking!

horrible ideas, though.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: [1]   Go Up