Tried to post this earlier, but my browser crapped itself.
Basically, I have been digging around, and Felice Louria was in the NY DOL at the same time that Frieda Miller was there. They both worked for minimum wage laws, possibly in the same department at the same time. It is hard to imagine them not knowing each other. I am trying to trace Felice Louria's family history such that I can determine how many family members she had in 1953 but it is difficult since the decennial census data for 1940 and later have not yet been released. This also makes it difficult to confirm when exactly she went to California; I think I would have the last piece of hard evidence in my favor if I could prove that she lived in NYC in '53, making the point of origin for the telegram in close proximity to her home. I have a citation from an individual writing a scholarly article in the mid 1960s thanking her and some of the author's "colleagues" in the NY DOL for their input, indicating that she still had connections there, but census data indicating a home address would be more irrefutable. (It isn't clear whether she is one of the DOL colleagues or part of a distinct category.)
The dots do connect, and I wrote to my adviser about this and he was very impressed with our combined efforts. He called it "excellent historical detective work."
So....thanks! You guys rock so hard, I can't even begin to say.