Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Dog Has No Nose.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: October 24, 2007: Best of... Hot Tub Brawls  (Read 6105 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: October 24, 2007: Best of... Hot Tub Brawls
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2007, 12:41:03 am »

I enjoyed this one quite a bit. However.

The title doesn't mention naked hot tub fights. So why are they naked?

I know this isn't porn exactly, but you know, in stereotypical porn they have a little bit of plot up first. Cable guy is fixing the cable or some other everyday situation that wouldn't typically lead to sex.

In these scripted fights, wouldn't it make more sense for it to seem like two "regular" guys are sitting in a hot tub and just happen to become FURIOUS? In that case, might it make more sense for them to be wearing a swimsuit--initially, at least? The shorts or speedo could be torn off very quickly once the fight begins, but it seems like it would make more sense this way.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: October 24, 2007: Best of... Hot Tub Brawls
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2007, 12:50:20 am »

I think if I were about to fight with a guy, and he tore off his swimsuit, I would say "you win."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: October 24, 2007: Best of... Hot Tub Brawls
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2007, 01:15:15 am »

I enjoyed this one quite a bit. However.

The title doesn't mention naked hot tub fights. So why are they naked?

I know this isn't porn exactly, but you know, in stereotypical porn they have a little bit of plot up first. Cable guy is fixing the cable or some other everyday situation that wouldn't typically lead to sex.

In these scripted fights, wouldn't it make more sense for it to seem like two "regular" guys are sitting in a hot tub and just happen to become FURIOUS? In that case, might it make more sense for them to be wearing a swimsuit--initially, at least? The shorts or speedo could be torn off very quickly once the fight begins, but it seems like it would make more sense this way.

I am so glad that porn moved past this. I much prefer the current trend of asking dumb questions of a girl on a couch then leaping straight to "OK, take your top off"
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: October 24, 2007: Best of... Hot Tub Brawls
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2007, 01:53:06 am »

I think if I were about to fight with a guy, and he tore off his swimsuit, I would say "you win."
I would make a joke about his p.e.n.i.s. And then kick it.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: October 24, 2007: Best of... Hot Tub Brawls
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2007, 02:14:48 am »

Quote
I am so glad that porn moved past this. I much prefer the current trend of asking dumb questions of a girl on a couch then leaping straight to "OK, take your top off"

big fan. big fan.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: October 24, 2007: Best of... Hot Tub Brawls
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2007, 03:58:17 am »

The title doesn't mention naked hot tub fights. So why are they naked?

In some forms of hot tub etiquette, suits are either optional, or frowned upon.  Perhaps the prelude to the scene here was Jason's ex, (Mike's new squeeze) getting out of the tub to get fresh drinks for everyone.  Mike says something insensitive and the Hot Tub Brawl is on.

straying dangerously close to fanfic, I know.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: October 24, 2007: Best of... Hot Tub Brawls
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2007, 06:45:49 am »

I didn't think it was scripted. I just assumed it was, y'know, the best home videos around of hot tub fights that happened to occur.
Logged

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: October 24, 2007: Best of... Hot Tub Brawls
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2007, 06:59:44 am »

My home videos of naked hot tub fights don't have reverse angles.

Yet.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: October 24, 2007: Best of... Hot Tub Brawls
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2007, 02:32:15 pm »

FURIOUS DING-DONGS
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: October 24, 2007: Best of... Hot Tub Brawls
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2007, 06:01:04 pm »

Isn't it funny that full male nudity in Achewood passes without raising as much as an eyebrow, but there was a barrage of snickering comments when Onstad drew some cat-ladies with big breasts? Do cocks carry a more "family-friendly" connotation? Because I would totally understand that.

But more to the point I suppose the critics came from people who never read an issue of Omaha in their lives and were all talking about how *creepy* Onstad was and so on.

I still would be interested in seeing Onstad do something different in this area. If Achewood is supposed to go towards adult themes with as much gusto as it goes towards its nonsensical themes... why not occasional frontal female nudity? I know there has been mentions of him wanting to avoid providing jackoff material, but if he doesn't think there is someone out there beating off to his furious ding-dongs, he's one innocent pup...
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: October 24, 2007: Best of... Hot Tub Brawls
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2007, 06:22:02 pm »

Cocks are ugly, even if you're into them, they're just ugly in an excitingly-crass kinda way, and ugly is accepted as funny.

The cock and balls are silly looking things.

A good set of tits are fuckin' beautiful, even if you're not into them, they're still astetically pleasing, and so there's a lot more fear of drawing naked just to draw naked... or, at least, of being perceived of doing that.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: October 24, 2007: Best of... Hot Tub Brawls
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2007, 06:29:13 pm »

Isn't it funny that full male nudity in Achewood passes without raising as much as an eyebrow, but there was a barrage of snickering comments when Onstad drew some cat-ladies with big breasts? Do cocks carry a more "family-friendly" connotation? Because I would totally understand that.

But more to the point I suppose the critics came from people who never read an issue of Omaha in their lives and were all talking about how *creepy* Onstad was and so on.

I still would be interested in seeing Onstad do something different in this area. If Achewood is supposed to go towards adult themes with as much gusto as it goes towards its nonsensical themes... why not occasional frontal female nudity? I know there has been mentions of him wanting to avoid providing jackoff material, but if he doesn't think there is someone out there beating off to his furious ding-dongs, he's one innocent pup...

I think it has to do with people knowing it's a man doing the comic. If he draws wangs then he's laughing at himself. But a man drawing naked female characters has a creates a whole different perception. People would start thinking of it as a "porn comic" because of one set of naked breasts, let alone what full frontal would do. Like the previous 5 years have just been him subtly making us let our guard down, gradually entering furry-dom.
Either that or he'd start getting Frank Cho comparisons for getting off on drawing women who would never give him the time of day in real life. Although I would like to see Truman the duck meet Philippe.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: October 24, 2007: Best of... Hot Tub Brawls
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2007, 06:34:17 pm »

Also, Todd proving to the... pig creature thing... that the pig creature thing is not actually all that wild at all.

He drinks a lot! And he smokes! That's so edgy!

Frank Cho is a brilliant artist but... man. Man. Dude should not be writing the things he draws.

George Lucas should be directing other people's scripts, Bob Dylan should strictly be a songwriter, etc.

Auteur theory, man, it's really the exception, not the rule.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: October 24, 2007: Best of... Hot Tub Brawls
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2007, 05:32:31 am »

My home videos of naked hot tub fights don't have reverse angles.

Yet.

That's why yours aren't the Best Of.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up