Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Would The Pet Shop Boys be nice to have over for Thanksgiving, or would they be a pain in the ass? It's really hard to tell.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nacho Eye (10-21-03)  (Read 3127 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Nacho Eye (10-21-03)
« on: October 21, 2003, 11:55:19 am »

LOVE Beef's expression of complete and utter disdain (tinged with and brought on by pure horror) in panel 2.

More threesies! Keep them one-offs comin'!

WOO!


(first post!)

Strip.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 11:11:55 am by Nabubrush »
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
21 Oct 2003 - Nacho Eye
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2003, 03:39:42 pm »

Ah I love it.
A wonderful welcome back were the last two strips.
(I've been phone lineless since some time Saturday night when it popped and went under).
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
21 Oct 2003 - Nacho Eye
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2003, 05:39:42 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
Ray's conversations with Roast Beef always seem to blow something up in RB's personal 'emotional minefield'.


That would be 'cause Beef's 'emotional minefield' has more mines than field.

I too enjoy the "threefer".  They're kinda like an Achewood one-hitter, as it were.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
21 Oct 2003 - Nacho Eye
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2003, 06:17:56 pm »

I like how Beef's eyes go narrow almost like he's trying to stare down Ray in panel 2. I agree the recliners are a nice touch, too.

I never noticed before (I'm slow that way) but does Beef always speak in a smaller font than Ray?
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
21 Oct 2003 - Nacho Eye
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2003, 06:41:23 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I never noticed before (I'm slow that way) but does Beef always speak in a smaller font than Ray?


It looks like he just speaks in a smaller font in general: http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07302003
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
21 Oct 2003 - Nacho Eye
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2003, 07:05:55 pm »

I still find the armchair posing awkward and weird-looking. Maybe I'm just not used to it yet.

I love the implication in the alt-text that somehow one transmutes from being the nacho-er staring at the eye to the eye itself. Creepy as hell.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
21 Oct 2003 - Nacho Eye
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2003, 09:42:12 pm »

It's like that short story about the guy who stares at the lizard and they switch places. Weird.

Edit: found the story about the Axolotl by Julio Cortazar.

I remember having to read this in Spanish, I think in High School. Having reread it for the first time just now (and the first time in English) I would restate my original post above...but I'll just say spend 15 minutes reading it, it's pretty good.
Logged

Flenker

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 68
    • View Profile
    • http://www.picdump.org/gallery/chris
21 Oct 2003 - Nacho Eye
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2003, 02:04:41 am »

Quote from: "Asherdan"

I think the pair of chairs (recliners) is a new thing, it fits.


Ray and Beef have used these chairs at least once before.

But I do like today's, especially describing the kid as having "the same face as you"
brilliant
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
21 Oct 2003 - Nacho Eye
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2003, 03:13:30 am »

Pretentious thought of the day:

Is Beef's dread of children a subconscious reason that he relates to Molly so well and real women so poorly? After all, when your girlfriend is dead, the chance of accidentally spawning is very, very low indeed.

(Of course, the logical question is then "why does she have the condoms if she's dead?" But... uh... I dunno.)
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
21 Oct 2003 - Nacho Eye
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2003, 01:09:32 pm »

This is why I'm so happy I found me a lady who doesn't want any spawn either. Although I guess that could change in a few years.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
21 Oct 2003 - Nacho Eye
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2003, 07:09:07 pm »

Spawn are good. Useful. Cute. Someone's gonna have to change your Depends and feed you your Ensure eventually, my friend. Might as well be someone who cares about you.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
21 Oct 2003 - Nacho Eye
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2003, 10:14:49 pm »

Spawn are indeed evil, except Spawn, who's just from Hell.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: [1]   Go Up