Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wine: Keep a red and a white on hand at all times. When choosing wines on the wine aisle, use this simple rhyme to make your selection: “Closer to the floor, is meant for the poor / closer to the lights, is more like for if Bono comes over.” -=RAY=-

Poll

...To tonight's college radio shindig?

Yes
- 4 (57.1%)
No
- 0 (0%)
Kittens
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7


Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Should I stay or should I go...  (Read 3844 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Should I stay or should I go...
« on: April 07, 2008, 08:10:17 pm »

Performers are: Theophilus Monk, The Primitive Screwheads, Octothorpe, Mike Siemens and Milo Duke. I am asking because I do not know who any of these performers are, and thought that maybe some of you would be able to provide some guidance.

A vote for kittens is a vote for America (or Canada, or Australia, or the UK, or...)
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Should I stay or should I go...
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 08:30:01 pm »

I have never heard of any of the performers.  That being said, why not go?  What do you have to lose?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Should I stay or should I go...
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 10:31:50 pm »

I am not ever a fan of random vague music.  I would always choose kittens over seeing an unknown band somewhere.  Kittens are guaranteed to be cute and cuddly.  You can't lose with kittens.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Should I stay or should I go...
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 10:41:53 pm »

until they turn into cats
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Should I stay or should I go...
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 11:13:12 pm »

Damn, I am low today.

Even a man of low mind, such as yourself, deserves a tiny can of Dr. Pepper.  Enjoy.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Should I stay or should I go...
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 11:42:06 pm »

I will probably give it a looksee. Also Ash, contrary to my title, I am not king of the make-outs. In no way is this remotely true. Maybe this will change if I go to more music shows.

If kittens were truly an option, well I'd probably buying ten kinds of cat food and toys right now.
Logged

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Should I stay or should I go...
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 11:50:51 pm »

What do you have to lose?

I think that's fairly obvious. If he goes there will be there will be trouble, and if he stays it will be double.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Should I stay or should I go...
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 02:07:17 am »

I know Octothorpe is a fairly regular Songfight contributor but hell if I can remember anything about them.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Should I stay or should I go...
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 06:45:12 pm »

So...I ended up not going. Studying and running were more important than seeing some bands I had never heard of.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Should I stay or should I go...
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 09:35:28 pm »

The head-shaving will wait till this summer, though.
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Should I stay or should I go...
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2008, 12:20:15 am »

Ministry.

Excellent.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Should I stay or should I go...
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2008, 02:50:13 pm »

Ministry.

Excellent.

Wait, WHAT?
There's a private joke among me and some college friends regarding the exact phrase "Ministry.  Excellent."  Are you somehow privy to this?  Are you actually someone I went to college with?
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Should I stay or should I go...
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2008, 04:51:08 pm »

All I'm thinkin' about is the metal band. Otherwise I'm drawing a blank here.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Should I stay or should I go...
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2008, 05:15:40 pm »

I suppose I should tell the story.  A friend and I went to this club in Harrisburg, and at one point he goes off to the bathroom while I'm waiting at the bar trying to get a beer.  A cute girl pulls up at the neighboring stool, we make eye contact and she smilles at me.  I'm thinking "Say something to her, chump!"  I notice a flyer on the bar, I pick it up and it's about an upcoming Ministry album release party at the club [this is like 1992, remember, I'm old].  I kind of hold it up and say to her, "Ministry.  Excellent."

As the words are coming out of my mouth, I am thinking to myself "I am the biggest dork, ever, in the entire history of the world."  She's like "Yeah, whatever," gets her drink and takes off.  Jeff gets back from the bathroom, I tell him what happened, and he thinks this is mighty hilarious.  So whenever Ministry is mentioned, we now say "Ministry.  Excellent."  It's also shorthand for "I am completely inept with women."

I am pretty sure Judy is not actually Jeff who was the bass player in my band in Lancaster, PA in the early 90's, but I suppose stranger things have happened.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Should I stay or should I go...
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2008, 06:15:17 pm »

That story made me laugh something fierce. I suppose it helps that I imagined you as Garth Algar as I read it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up