Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am in a bed with an Asleepness Hat on.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ray's Place at Serializer: 14 October 2003  (Read 2921 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Ray's Place at Serializer: 14 October 2003
« on: October 14, 2003, 12:17:24 pm »

Well, I guess it's time we re-open this here forum for us "real fans" who sprung for Serializer subscriptions...

Looks like we're back to the classic-style Ray's Place.  Having read it first thing in the morning, I'm kind of grossed out.  You?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Ray's Place at Serializer: 14 October 2003
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2003, 12:47:48 pm »

Him describing the difference between rat and penis traps mainly reminded me of 7th grade science when we had to make cars and catapults and stuff out of rat traps. That was way more disturbing than Ray's 4th rat mishap.

So now I have to wonder if no cats in the 'wood world chase rats/mice or if it's just ones like Ray. Maybe only like redneck cats actually hunt small mammals.

Also, shouldn't it be "Kill All Rats & Racoons Everyday"? Either way I've now got the song D.R.E.A.M. by the Transplants stuck in my head.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Ray's Place at Serializer: 14 October 2003
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2003, 12:52:38 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Maybe only like redneck cats actually hunt small mammals.


Priceless.  This is great.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

V-Adore

  • Guest
Ray's Place at Serializer: 14 October 2003
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2003, 06:17:15 pm »

Not having sprung for Serializer yet, I have to wonder: is that going to be the permanent home of Ray's Place? Should I just buy my subscription and get it over with?

Incidentally, I am now picturing a version of Deliverance starring squirrel tourists and evil redneck cats. Nicely done, folks.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Ray's Place at Serializer: 14 October 2003
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2003, 06:18:35 pm »

According to today's RP he plans on alternating Nate Small installements with column-style Ray's Place. No idea if that's how it'll actually happen or not.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Ray's Place at Serializer: 14 October 2003
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2003, 06:48:07 pm »

I haven't been following Nate Small just because it never really grabbed me. I'll probably read it all when it's done. I've heard there's other great content at the site but I haven't looked. Although now that I have a decent connection at home I probably should.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Ray's Place at Serializer: 14 October 2003
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2003, 07:51:36 pm »

I couldn't stand missing Ray's Place, so I took the plunge this morning.  Worth it to see the color strips.  Haven't dove into Nate yet.  Hell, it's only 3 bucks.  I can always cancel.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Ray's Place at Serializer: 14 October 2003
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2003, 09:00:57 pm »

That's probably what I'll do - join, take a look around, and cancel if nothing but Achewood grabs me.

What the hell.  It's only $3.  Enough people contribute to my online ventures that I can justify spending $3 on someone else's.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Ray's Place at Serializer: 14 October 2003
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2003, 12:18:17 am »

Ehh.  Besides being a starving student, the content at Serializer never seemed that appealing to me.  I never really had too great a love for Ray's Place, so I intend to continue Not Subscribing.

Because I am bad, possibly to the bone.
Logged
goose means greedy

Anarchy_Bowling

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 16
    • View Profile
Ray's Place at Serializer: 14 October 2003
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2003, 02:12:33 am »

Finally--a justification for my three bucks that year or so ago.  The color strips were great, but I personally can't stand the Nate Small series.  It was great as a temporary Roast Beef-related gag, and I figured it'd be over quick.

It's makes my brain sing now that Tic Tac's back in business.
Logged
Official US Representative to the Danish Ubergothy*

(*A system of government dedicated to the preservation of rock and the elmination of "That Guy".  You know who you are.)

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Ray's Place at Serializer: 14 October 2003
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2003, 04:10:53 am »

Weren't we promised an update this weekend? Did I miss something?
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Ray's Place at Serializer: 14 October 2003
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2003, 04:49:18 am »

Tell it, brotha!  I read all of Nate Small at lunch today and that fuckin' cliffhanger is a'killing me.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Ray's Place at Serializer: 14 October 2003
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2003, 01:35:39 pm »

I was wondering about this myself.  Maybe by "this weekend," Chris actually meant "never."
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: [1]   Go Up