Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There’s no Day for apologizing to our parents for all the stupid shit we put them through. Perhaps because we never finish before they die.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 18 January 2008: DO NOT KILL MY FAMILY  (Read 2230 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

otter

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 36
    • View Profile
18 January 2008: DO NOT KILL MY FAMILY
« on: January 18, 2008, 09:13:36 am »

linkety link

The last line killed me (and, on edit, my family), but it didn't quite fit in the title.  It would work pretty well as an interview question, too, the kind they would bust out when they've already decided to hire someone else and are just toying with you.

Anyway, this is a pretty awesome anxiety dream, if indeed it is one.  Maybe T's subconscious is working off some steam about the wedding preparations?
Logged
um

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: 18 January 2008: DO NOT KILL MY FAMILY
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 02:06:45 pm »

I wants some RODEO HAM


(Actually that could be some sort of nasty sex act or fetish.)
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 18 January 2008: DO NOT KILL MY FAMILY
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 10:23:57 pm »

lately I have been having hell of anxiety dreams. Last night I dreampt that mid-way through a haircut, i realized that I just got my hair cut a week ago... the barber was really mad at me that I had made him ruin my hair, it was all screwed up looking like something from the 80s where it was really really short on the sides with like an ugly bowl-thing on the top.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: 18 January 2008: DO NOT KILL MY FAMILY
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 10:28:04 pm »

I like the big wonky color strips more when they make no sense. But this was nifty.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 18 January 2008: DO NOT KILL MY FAMILY
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 10:54:37 pm »

So is the boss supposed to be Bill Gates?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: 18 January 2008: DO NOT KILL MY FAMILY
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 03:43:39 am »

I have no idea what any of the strips of the past week are supposed to mean. I have never heard of this Chris Ware* fellow so clearly for me none of this makes sense (or is funny). 

So, I looked him up. I guess Onstad's parody is accurate, but -- it seems like some of the pictures** in that Jon Stewart Book "America" also seem to imitate a subset of the Chris Ware style. Does anyone agree with that, or have I misunderstood  it?

Also, obviously, Microsoft wasn't around in 1953, is setting an absurd date supposed to mean anything? Ware reference? Or what?

* No, really, I never heard of him.
** Pp. 52-53, 110-111.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 18 January 2008: DO NOT KILL MY FAMILY
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 03:44:25 am »

Hey Bobby, what's up!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 18 January 2008: DO NOT KILL MY FAMILY
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 08:01:45 am »

I think, this being Teodore's Dream sequence, microsoft is a stand in for the large imoprtant company that everyone wants to work for, like Bell Labs or something. Of course everyone knows that in 1950s all these companies are run by wealthy texan industrialists.
I also have never heard of Chris Ware but still found this funny.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: [1]   Go Up