I am still trying to figure out who these Hipsters are. The kids who run our Student Newspaper and the kids who run our Music Magazine think that we at the radio station are hipsters, because we are "snobs." We, in turn, think that the kids at the art school are hipsters, because they like the same things as us but also wear tight ##### and smoke and all that stuff. (Also we think that the music magazine people are idiots, because they can't even edit the goddamn typos out of articles, and do things like review "Sgt Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band" and the whole review basically says "this is a really important album, and I like it. 10/10") They probably say that they aren't hipsters, they just like wearing tight ##### and smoking, and some other people are hipsters (Saint Louis University students are a good bet.)
I dunno man. I feel like everyone throws around this Hipsters thing, and basically it means one of a few things:
"People who like what I like that aren't me or my friends"
"people who like things that I like, but also like some things that I think are dumb or fake"
"people who like what I like, or something along the same spectrum of things, but are more outwardly "alternative" or "counter-culture" than me."
Cat and Girl had a thing about this that was pretty spot-on.