Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Surprising fact: toothpaste is a complete protein.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Your Number One Election Issue  (Read 16044 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Your Number One Election Issue
« Reply #105 on: February 17, 2008, 10:24:37 pm »

Oh yeah, come on, Clinton was smart. Lack of book-learnin' was not that man's problem.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Your Number One Election Issue
« Reply #106 on: February 18, 2008, 12:51:39 am »

The dude had hell of book learnin', but I don't think he made very good decisions.

Of course, W. likes to think of himself as The Decider so maybe it's better some people know their limits and don't decide too much.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Your Number One Election Issue
« Reply #107 on: February 18, 2008, 04:28:40 am »

maybe it's better some people know their limits and don't decide too much.
This is why a contrarian congress is a good thing.  Any time one party ends up dominating the executive and legislative branches, the hoss of Government grabs the bit between its teeth and runs headlong into disaster.  People ask me how I'm going to vote in upcoming elections and I always answer, "Gridlock".  Sometimes all Phil Hartmann as Admiral Stockdale-style.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Your Number One Election Issue
« Reply #108 on: February 18, 2008, 04:45:11 am »

The dude had hell of book learnin', but I don't think he made very good decisions.

Of course, W. likes to think of himself as The Decider so maybe it's better some people know their limits and don't decide too much.
Gerald Ford was your ideal president. I think we could use a Ford if there wasnt so much deciding that needs to be undid

Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Your Number One Election Issue
« Reply #109 on: February 19, 2008, 06:39:51 pm »

I think we could use another Roosevelt.

No, not that one.  The other one. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Your Number One Election Issue
« Reply #110 on: February 19, 2008, 07:21:15 pm »

I think we could use another Roosevelt.

No, not that one.  The other one. 

Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Your Number One Election Issue
« Reply #111 on: February 19, 2008, 09:28:35 pm »

Looks like The Mayor could use another can. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Your Number One Election Issue
« Reply #112 on: February 20, 2008, 01:51:16 am »



HELLS YES. I think we'd all be better off if the cast of Sesame Street ran our government
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up