Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Sssshhh...I'm discovering Sleater-Kinney. This is a special time in a boy's life.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: art has reached its apex, hosannah hallelujah hooray  (Read 1581 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
art has reached its apex, hosannah hallelujah hooray
« on: February 25, 2008, 06:20:25 pm »

Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: art has reached its apex, hosannah hallelujah hooray
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 07:13:57 pm »

This reminds me I ought to go down to the Portrait Gallery and see the painting of him that's hanging outside the rest rooms. Because, you know, I am all about experiencing the cultural activities.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: art has reached its apex, hosannah hallelujah hooray
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 07:39:35 pm »

This reminds me I ought to go down to the Portrait Gallery and see the painting of him that's hanging outside the rest rooms. Because, you know, I am all about experiencing the cultural activities.

It's only there until 4/1 and is apparently drawing crowds. I also want to see Frogs: A Chorus of Colors at the Nat'l Geographic building so I think I'm going to make a double-feature of it.

My sister-in-law's boss bought Colbert's double-portrait from the first season.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: art has reached its apex, hosannah hallelujah hooray
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 08:41:52 pm »

I also want to see Frogs: A Chorus of Colors at the Nat'l Geographic building so I think I'm going to make a double-feature of it.

Yes!  This is a fantastic exhibit. And I don't say this because I'm working with a piece of it for a couple hours once a week. It has 99% nothing to do with me.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: art has reached its apex, hosannah hallelujah hooray
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 10:54:33 pm »

I actually went and saw this on Saturday - it was very cool. They had one large exhibit containing many different species with cameras you could control and zoom in on certain frogs. I amused myself by continually zooming in on two frogs that kinda looked like they were humping.

I also went to the Baltimore Aquarium a few weeks ago and saw their frog exhibit (what can I saw, I love frogs). I love the really huge ones (I think there was one called a tomato frog?) that just sit there looking like bumpy pancakes.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: art has reached its apex, hosannah hallelujah hooray
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 11:10:45 pm »

Yes! That's my exhibit!

two frogs that kinda looked like they were humping.

They probably were but, you know, no internal fertilization - how much fun can it be?

(Note: Colbert to frog sex in five posts.)
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: art has reached its apex, hosannah hallelujah hooray
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 11:28:44 pm »

We were going to see Frogs on Saturday but opted for Collector's Select instead because it closes sooner. CS is totally worth the trip for anybody in the area and is free.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up