Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Sssshhh...I'm discovering Sleater-Kinney. This is a special time in a boy's life.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Search function  (Read 1805 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Search function
« on: February 29, 2008, 03:13:48 am »

OK, so, I swear, a while ago, I posted a message saying I was losing my mind because I was sure we'd discussed something in an earlier thread but no matter how much I searched, I couldn't find it.

And, I swear, we then had a discussion of how the board search function didn't work but Cort had some advice that worked... but I've forgotten what it was and of course now I can't find it because... the search function doesn't work.

So, um, what was the way to search that worked? Or is it that this time I've really lost my mind?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Search function
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 03:34:08 am »

search Google with site:touamb.com

Like this:

wombat agent site:touamb.com
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Search function
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 02:01:24 pm »

Thank you.

Of course the real question now is... next time that I forget this, will the search function bring up this thread?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Search function
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 02:54:13 pm »

My primary suggestion would be to download this xml file and save it to C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\searchplugins then restart firefox and check for it in the pull down of search engines in the upper left.
If you don't use firefox then I'm not sure I can help you.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: [1]   Go Up