Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Established 2003
TOUAMB: Wandering off topic since the early 21st Century

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: June 23, 08 - Puppy Who Dropped His Ice Cream Cone Was Unavailable For Comment  (Read 2480 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

I dunno, it's just not the same without Philippe's face-covering reaction shot.

http://www.dieselsweeties.com/archive/2042
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile

Cort, that is cruel. I get all excited thinking we are getting a comic today after all - and then it's a Diesel Sweeties. Bleah!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile

But none of those were really that sad or funny. A ninja with tourettes?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com

But none of those were really that sad or funny. A ninja with tourettes?

I dunno, that one is kinda sad and funny. In the stealth of the night, a shadow, a wisp of wind, and a "...fuckshitcockpisser." A cover blown. A ninja shamed.
Logged

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile

There are some comics online that I started reading years and years ago and continue to check purely out of habit.  Dieselsweeties is one of them.

It isn't bad.  But it's kind of boring.  And it does that obnoxious thing that webcomics do where every other strip is giraffeing for "PLEEZ put that on a SHIRT" emails from fans.

Anyway.  This was OK.  But these selgiraffe little hipsters are no liebot, that's for sure.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

There are some comics online that I started reading years and years ago and continue to check purely out of habit.  Dieselsweeties is one of them.

QFT.

I finally broke my habit with Overcompensating after realizing I never even so much as chuckled softly. Or said, "that's amusing" in my head.

Of course I also used to read every non-soap comic in the paper back in the day.
Logged

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile

joshreads.com  will make reading the daily syndicateds worthwhile again.

and mister, you post a lot on a message board for someone who claims to have given up webcomics for "having a life."
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile

Oh, Ash, you've got it tragically backwards - giving up webcomics but still reading the paper ones?  Couldn't you use a laptop at the breakfast table?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile

Asherbaby, laptops and food do not mix at the same table. Use your imagination.

Saran Wrap and a wireless penis on the far side of the table from the baby?

There's got to be a way.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Cap'n Squeakers

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 36
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 146
  • I MET THE GUY WHO INVENTED SALAMI
    • View Profile

There are some comics online that I started reading years and years ago and continue to check purely out of habit.  Dieselsweeties is one of them.

I occasionally get a chuckle out of dieselsweeties, but I too have my "why do I bother? oh yeah, because it's free" comics. Questionable Content is the most glaring example, both because of how bad it is and how long ago it was that I actually enjoyed it.  I also still read Wapsi Square, even though it has burrowed so deeply into its own navel that I don't know what's going on.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up