Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Have some dignity.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Death Drives a Honda (11-06-03)  (Read 2749 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Death Drives a Honda (11-06-03)
« on: November 06, 2003, 10:46:17 am »

Oh god - Beef's face in the last panel is the best yet.

And yet another new car drawing from 'stad.  It's auto week!

Strip. Note that the original strip was replaced at some point.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 05:19:20 am by Nabubrush »
Logged

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Death Drives a Honda - 6 November 2003
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2003, 11:11:47 am »

And now it's gone? A setup like that and Onstad decides to be anal and change it?
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Death Drives a Honda - 6 November 2003
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2003, 12:07:43 pm »

Yeah I don't see it; darn ...I have no comic to email mom this morning ..well, she technically didn't see yesterday's (I just told her what happened) since it appeared after I went to bed, but still ...this one seems like it was fun ..darn
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Death Drives a Honda - 6 November 2003
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2003, 02:15:19 pm »

Um, all I'm seeing is Philippe and Nice Pete looking at each other and looking away. What did I miss while Comcast was down last night?
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Death Drives a Honda - 6 November 2003
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2003, 02:27:46 pm »

Yeah, damn, what'd I miss?  That durn revisionist Onstad!

That being said, this strip is simply brilliant.  A work of art.  I love it.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Lane

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 40
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lanemcfadden.net
Death Drives a Honda - 6 November 2003
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2003, 03:16:49 pm »

This strip has me worried.
Logged
He gets with the ladies, but in the end they do not like him.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Death Drives a Honda - 6 November 2003
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2003, 05:12:39 pm »

I'm not so much worried as annoyed - could someone tell me what the strip looked like that was yanked for the nice pete/Phillippe strip?
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Death Drives a Honda - 6 November 2003
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2003, 09:21:33 pm »

I love the NP/Philippe strip -- so atmospheric and worrying -- but wonder what we missed. Did anyone save it or have it cached?
Logged

Paisley

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 50
    • View Profile
Death Drives a Honda - 6 November 2003
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2003, 09:30:48 pm »

The alt-text for the Nice Pete/Philippe glance exchange (I know you and you know me and I see you and you see me)--I think this is a Morphine reference, but if so, it's from one of the three trillion versions of this song I don't have on CD. Any other guesses?
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Death Drives a Honda - 6 November 2003
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2003, 09:49:51 pm »

I don't think I have it cached.  When I looked at the new strip it probably wrote over it.

The original had a different bottom panel section, back to beef trying to find them and getting lost, with the most befuddled look on his face EVER.  Just thinking about it makes me laugh.

But I can see why he went back and repeated the scenes in the car with Nice Pete and Philippe.  Maybe he thought up more business for Beef to do and will make an entire strip out of it Friday or next week or something.
Pages: [1]   Go Up