Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You might, rabbit

You might.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Great Indoor Book Signing  (Read 4552 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: The Great Indoor Book Signing
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2008, 04:37:24 am »

Of course the LA area one is at Meltdown. Of course.

I might have to try and get there... it is not entirely out of my ability to get there toward the tail-end of such an event.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: The Great Indoor Book Signing
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2008, 06:28:17 am »

Am I the only one that sees that Onstad is Ray?

Proof!



He is oddly reminiscent of Pumbaa.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Indoor Book Signing
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2008, 09:18:49 am »

smets i just was at meltdown last week (oh so good)
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Indoor Book Signing
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2008, 05:42:27 pm »

I've never been to Meltdown, though from the Google map it seems to be a block down from Guitar Center.

Guess I'll be going in a month, though....
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Indoor Book Signing
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2008, 06:21:57 pm »

Get there early.  The line stretched down the block and around the corner and from what I have read elsewhere, apparently lasted till midnight with waits of a couple of hours. I got there before it started so only had to wait maybe 45 minutes or an hour on the line itself.

Did I mention that he knew who I was? It is nice that a guy with such long lines still appreciates the knuckleheads since small times.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Indoor Book Signing
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2008, 06:39:34 pm »

Did I mention that he knew who I was? It is nice that a guy with such long lines still appreciates the knuckleheads since small times.

Did he know you as wombat or did he recognize your real name from store orders/personalizations?
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Indoor Book Signing
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2008, 06:50:04 pm »

Did I mention that he knew who I was?

No, you didn't mention this.  I think you need to write a blog post about this. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Indoor Book Signing
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2008, 06:55:46 pm »

He recognized my real first name, without my last name, and without my explaining who I was, which I was debating with myself about doing for the whole time on line.

I actually had a fair amount of email correspondence with him once upon a time. And given that virtually no one under 40 has my first name and most of his fans are guys, not needing my last name is maybe not all that surprising. On the third hand, though, I was not even in the city I live in, and he knew that.

And there is no point in trying to pretend otherwise - it made me want to jump up and down and squeal like a little girl.


Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: The Great Indoor Book Signing
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2008, 06:56:54 pm »

Well, considering that I'm not even going to be done with my run of picking up people after work until 7:30... well...

I guess I'll just have to hope that I'm not locked out of the situation if I get there at 8:30.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Indoor Book Signing
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2008, 07:01:51 pm »

No, you didn't mention this.  I think you need to write a blog post about this. 

I did post the photo on my blog. I thought about writing a blog post with more of the details, but I don't know. It was actually so normal, in the end, and that was what was nice. It was just like, we knew each other, and we finally met. And a blog post of, like, the details of whole conversation would be so fangirly.

However, I will confess: at the same time I was having an absolutely crappy work week - and because I work for some people in NY the trip actually put me in the center of it, not away from it - and so every time some new shit dropped I would close my eyes for a moment and remind myself of the moment. Sometimes you just need a way to go to a happy place in your mind for a bit, you know?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Indoor Book Signing
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2008, 02:19:58 am »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up