Ok, I went to the
American Apparel website and it's pretty weird. I was going to report that it's damn near pornographic and possibly innapropriate. There is a slide show on the home page and the first images it presented were of a young girl, maybe 15-6 posing on a bed wearing very small tight shorts. Then I was shown other models wearing little clothes.
I was just about to leave when it switched to pictures of the border with Mexico at Tijuana. Suddenly I was intrigued again. Next series was employees of American Apparel and they were all Hispanic. All except for one white woman who looked like a supervisor. There were also a bunch of self portraits of "Dov."
About this time I noticed the titles which were such as "Kristen in Lauren's Old Room" and "Telephone Love" and I thought this is pretty clever, they've given it the look and feel of a flickr photostream. It makes it appear homemade mixing in pictures of random stuff like a dude with a Chihuahua dog and a bicycle in Miami amongst the pictures of the models. If it were actually on flickr it would fit right in and probably be hella popular.
I was just about to go again when the next series of photos began. Entitled simply Yanyan it was grainy pictures of a young girl topless who I would hope is 18, but looks 13 or 14. Woah, American Apparel has just cornered the perv market.
Well there you have it. That's my walkthrough of the American Apparel website.
EDIT: I was curious to see if American Apparel had a flickr page. Not sure, but I did find
this (for Wombat).