Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

How Does He Smell?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3/2/2009 Hup-huppin' with a case of Mickey's grenades on his shoulder  (Read 7058 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: 3/2/2009 Hup-huppin' with a case of Mickey's grenades on his shoulder
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2009, 02:35:04 pm »

Yeah, and you know why it's PS3s and not xBoxes, right? 

Three words: Grand Theft Auto. 

Yeah, it's out on the xBox *now.*  But in my experience, when I worked at a major gaming retailer (during the San Andreas launch, no less), a lot of the homeboys who came in looking for PS2 games because they had gone Sony back when the original was released as a PS exclusive.  Brand loyalty is a Big Deal.  We could have had fights in the store if we hadn't kept our xBox games on one side and the PS games on the other. 

And the PS gamers would have won, every damn time. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: 3/2/2009 Hup-huppin' with a case of Mickey's grenades on his shoulder
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2009, 03:59:03 pm »

Yeah, I'd have to say the PS2 was the platform choice of the masses. Everybody I knew had one. And platform choice could definitely be a contentious issue.

Speaking of, has anybody but me played the Street Fighter 2 revamp that just got released on PS Network and Xbox Live? I still suck just like I used to, but damn if that isn't a fun game.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: 3/2/2009 Hup-huppin' with a case of Mickey's grenades on his shoulder
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2009, 08:29:04 pm »

This one time back in high school a bunch of homeboys asked me to explain to them how an atomic bomb works. So I did, to the best of my abilities. They seemed pretty impressed.
Logged

TripperDay

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 46
    • View Profile
Re: 3/2/2009 Hup-huppin' with a case of Mickey's grenades on his shoulder
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2009, 09:15:10 pm »

Restaurants are always testing temperature and the thermometers are calibrated by making sure a glass of ice water is 32 degrees. One of my coworkers asked how they knew it was 32, and I asked if she wanted the long answer or short answer. Short answer: "Because if it was 31, it would be all ice, and if it was 33, it would be all water. THEN, of course, I had to get into the long answer about calories and heat of fusion.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 3/2/2009 Hup-huppin' with a case of Mickey's grenades on his shoulder
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2009, 09:19:30 pm »

Canned for conciseness. 
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: 3/2/2009 Hup-huppin' with a case of Mickey's grenades on his shoulder
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2009, 09:35:00 pm »

I guess I've always considered 'homeboy' to be more or less interchangeable with 'dude.'

This may be a function of attending middle school and high school with a lot of non-white people in California.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: 3/2/2009 Hup-huppin' with a case of Mickey's grenades on his shoulder
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2009, 12:58:42 am »

I guess I've always considered 'homeboy' to be more or less interchangeable with 'dude.'
Yes.
It has other other connotations, but this is the main usage in achewood so far as I can tell.
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02212007
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03102008
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=09192008

The exception being The Sexual Homeboys, who "have a car where the hydraulics actually spin the body in a circle above the stationary chassis."
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 3/2/2009 Hup-huppin' with a case of Mickey's grenades on his shoulder
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2009, 05:08:02 am »

Man, I think that will always be a key identifier.

This makes me a little sad.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

herofix

  • Guest
Re: 3/2/2009 Hup-huppin' with a case of Mickey's grenades on his shoulder
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2009, 02:09:21 pm »


Quote
This makes me a little sad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz40P1hFvWs
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 3/2/2009 Hup-huppin' with a case of Mickey's grenades on his shoulder
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2009, 08:03:42 pm »

Man, I think that will always be a key identifier.

1950


1993


2000



Yeah, it ain't changing much, is it?

n.b. I voted for the dimmer guy in 2000 - because I think the brighter guy is all style and no substance.  Suspicious, if you ask me...
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up