Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Have you ever woken up to find phrases like "cryogenic baseball player" in your Google search field?

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does being sick make you ghetto?  (Read 8259 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Does being sick make you ghetto?
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2009, 05:52:28 am »

I either leave them in the basket or fold them when they come off the line. Mind you my week normally consists of maybe 8 or 9 t-shirts and 3 or 4 pairs of long ##### so it takes me all of five minutes.

I Hate washing dishes. Really really hate it. The burning your hands with hot water when you just start, the gross tepid water with oily residue, the way anything with tomato sauce will stain the whole sink so you don't feel like anything is getting properly cleaned; I find the whole affair unpleasant. Unfortunately the only thing I hate more than washing dishes is dirty dishes sitting around getting slowly more gross and precarious and making the kitchen unusable so I'm usually the one in my house who'll crack and attack the pile first. My pet peeves hate each other.

I don't have a definite memory of being 'taught' to do washing or anything, I remember folding the ironing with  my mum and so on but as above a lot of these memories end up with me not ironing thoroughly enough or something. I'd worry that feminism is emasculating me after all but I think this sort of thing is what mothers are for.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Does being sick make you ghetto?
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2009, 07:51:49 am »

man i love cookin' and i love not cookin' enough to clean up afterward. plus i don't always clean up after not cookin' so sometimes when i cook i clean up too. i don't mind takin' out the trash, it's better than lettin' the kitchen get malodorous and that. i've had to do dishes and trash since i was a kid- my mom's view was she fed us, so we earned our keep. plus, no dishes == no allowance.

but goddamn i hate hate HATE doing laundry. presidents' day i had off and the missus didn't, and i did the laundry because i "wasn't doing anything else." yeah, right. all these torrents ain't gonna watch themselves!


also, how long till ash tries to yank this thread back on topic

[edit comment from Ash: never now that it started rolling. Besides, why fight the TOUAMBie drift?]
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 03:55:59 pm by Asherdan »
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Does being sick make you ghetto?
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2009, 01:49:53 pm »

Wear the same p.j.'s three days in a row without a shower.

man that shower when you finally take it, man, it's awesome

can'd, especially if you do the wash with something that's painfully refreshing like dr. bronner's tea tree oil or peppermint, or maybe pine sol with turpentine
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Does being sick make you ghetto?
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2009, 02:05:36 pm »

dr. bronner's tea tree oil

Mmmmm, gotta get some of that. 

I'm a peppermint guy myself (or almond when I want something a little less jarring).
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Does being sick make you ghetto?
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2009, 01:24:25 am »

I'm with Doc on the whole "washing dishes = no" thing.  I either need to gloss over the situation to the degree that my wife yells at me for not getting stuff clean, or if I bend my will to the task, I spiral into some OCD endeavor that has me busting out the Iodophor from my brewing stuff and going basically nuclear.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Does being sick make you ghetto?
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2009, 01:39:50 am »

some OCD endeavor that has me busting out the Iodophor from my brewing stuff and going basically nuclear.

Yeah, it's like a compensatory mechanism. They have to be so clean as to negate the distastefulness of cleaning them in the first place.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up