Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I haven't had a haircut since July. I'm hoping to, "wait it out."

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Webcomic  (Read 2390 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Webcomic
« on: June 02, 2009, 03:10:53 am »

I found a webcomic today that you party people may like, survivingtheworld.net .

It's like xkcd, but without the dipshittiness.
Logged
ACHIEVE

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Webcomic
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 03:19:38 am »

I showed this one to a friend who does not yet succeed in life: http://survivingtheworld.net/Lesson28.html
Logged
ACHIEVE

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Webcomic
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 03:48:22 am »

Lesson 7 definitely spoke to a dude who went to college 70 minutes away from his parents.

That was basically the exact rationale.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Webcomic
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 03:57:43 am »

I like this.

Lesson 7 is pretty much like this, which is pretty much like something I thought of last week.

I don't understand Lesson 87. Are the aliens mistaking dogs for the dominant species on the planet, Ford Prefect-style? Or is something else going on?



(fixed links - w)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 01:35:53 pm by wombat »
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Webcomic
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 01:25:52 pm »

Thanks man, this is actually really awesome.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Webcomic
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 05:36:50 pm »

I think we are using the term "comic" rather loosely.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Webcomic
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 06:12:41 pm »

I agree, but I think that's a good thing.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Webcomic
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 06:42:49 pm »

I showed this one to a friend who does not yet succeed in life: http://survivingtheworld.net/Lesson28.html

This is why parenting is so difficult.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Webcomic
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 06:52:38 pm »

This is now burning its way through my FB friends.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Webcomic
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2009, 08:13:19 pm »

Quote
This is why parenting is so difficult.

My dad must really want me to succeed. Lately he is half-seriously complaining because we are now old enough to make fun of him as much as he makes fun of us.

Also: he called me a "slob" for the way I was dressed heading to the airport. Within 10 minutes I found myself sitting across from an identically dressed frenchman.

also, toaster: I think their theory is that dogs are mating signals? Because we use them to attract the opposite sex?
My friend's mom said that when she went to our school, you were allowed to have dogs, and someone did an honors thesis which showed that having a dog had a major positive correlation with how many dates you went on.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Webcomic
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2009, 08:21:16 pm »

Inev, you're posting on a messageboard about a webcomic? Aren't you in Paris? UR DOING IT WRONG! Get out of here!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Webcomic
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2009, 08:30:14 pm »

I totally get it now. It's funny all of a sudden; The aliens are confused because they think dogs can serve only that one purpose. They think dogs are extensions of people instead of fully autonomous beings. Hilarious.

Incidentally, I am a cat person, but I like girls who are dog people. Does this mean I am... doomed?
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Webcomic
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2009, 08:50:26 pm »

Incidentally, I am a cat person, but I like girls who are dog people. Does this mean I am... doomed?
Depending on the dog - your cat may be.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

TripperDay

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 46
    • View Profile
Re: Webcomic
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2009, 05:32:19 pm »

Interesting and amusing but the ideas seems a little rough, like a first draft. I think if that guy had to take the time to draw a comic, he'd have the time for his thoughts to gel completely.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up