Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What we need more of is science.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another aspect of the theme of manhood.  (Read 18667 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Cioran

  • Guest
Re: Another aspect of the theme of manhood.
« Reply #135 on: May 03, 2009, 07:05:49 am »


This simply isn't true. I've been taught them for years, and I'm still being taught them now by multiple members of my English faculty. They're so thoroughly still being taught that I sometimes even follow them because I know the supervisor I'm writing for prefers it ugly but 'right'.

I admit my experience of the educational system is not wide. It seems my opinion is wrong. Would you mind giving the name of the school, or the textbooks?


You rightly point out that it is not the style rules that are wrong, rather it is the mental habit of taking rules for absolutes that causes the difficulty. I submit that the solution to this problem lies outside the purview of style guides, grammar instruction, or traditional education of any sort.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up