Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Ray Smuckles pours one out for Tiger's '09 Escalade. "Shit didn't have to be that way, Tiger. You coulda' taken the damn Buick."

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EEEEEAUGGGGGHHHH! -- August 10, 2009  (Read 2838 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
EEEEEAUGGGGGHHHH! -- August 10, 2009
« on: August 10, 2009, 12:35:27 pm »

Nothin' worse than a delighted child with a fractured cranium, I always say.

Squee.  Klik.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: EEEEEAUGGGGGHHHH! -- August 10, 2009
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 12:45:25 pm »

Words to live by.
I'm glad to see I was right about Teodore being North elephant, and interested to see what happens to the door but this strip is really just kind of moving things along.
Just mooooooooving aloooooong.

Maybe it's because I'm not a big Lyle fan?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: EEEEEAUGGGGGHHHH! -- August 10, 2009
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 12:58:03 pm »

So it was a magic CH door. I'm a little surprised that question was answered.

Besides the whole child's head thing, shouldn't Ray remember what happened the last time he and Lyle went in on a food cart? First Lyle cut hair on it, then came the porn. So much porn.

Lyle isn't my favorite character but him refusing to hang on was pretty classic. Especially since Ray kept the phone by his ear anyway when he could have just set it down or something.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: EEEEEAUGGGGGHHHH! -- August 10, 2009
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 12:59:38 pm »

This strip is a classic.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: EEEEEAUGGGGGHHHH! -- August 10, 2009
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 04:09:53 pm »

I love Lyle's yelling.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: EEEEEAUGGGGGHHHH! -- August 10, 2009
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 04:44:25 pm »

i dont like this arc that much, but at the same time, im really curious about how its going to continue to play out.

its like roadkill.  seeing a dead animal isnt the most pleasant thing you can think of, but when you drive past, you try to figure out what sort of critter it is, anyway.  ...morbid curiosity, or whatever, but not quite.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: EEEEEAUGGGGGHHHH! -- August 10, 2009
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 06:28:14 pm »

I can't quite decide if Roast Beef's repeated returns from the after-life are making this plot more or less interesting.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Dangermoose

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 191
    • View Profile
Re: EEEEEAUGGGGGHHHH! -- August 10, 2009
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 08:15:01 pm »

Lyle isn't my favorite character but him refusing to hang on was pretty classic. Especially since Ray kept the phone by his ear anyway when he could have just set it down or something.

No he could not set it down, because Lyle refused to hang on and Ray's sticking to the rules.
Logged

Cap'n Squeakers

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 36
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 146
  • I MET THE GUY WHO INVENTED SALAMI
    • View Profile
Re: EEEEEAUGGGGGHHHH! -- August 10, 2009
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2009, 12:06:42 am »

My favorite part of this somewhat confused strip is the "OH GOD NO" that has been typed by Chuck Williams (a.k.a. South Elephant).  Tear his shit apart, angry lesbians.
Logged

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Re: EEEEEAUGGGGGHHHH! -- August 10, 2009
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2009, 07:31:08 pm »

I can't quite decide if Roast Beef's repeated returns from the after-life are making this plot more or less interesting.

Would the death of Beef invalidate his marriage to Molly? I mean upon his return? 
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: EEEEEAUGGGGGHHHH! -- August 10, 2009
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2009, 07:41:38 pm »

Gimpson, that is an excellent question.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: EEEEEAUGGGGGHHHH! -- August 10, 2009
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2009, 09:10:14 pm »

Tear his shit apart, angry lesbians.
I don't recall that many of the faces in the audience were female.  Perhaps Sapphic poetry is, like girl-on-girl porn, mostly enjoyed by men.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: EEEEEAUGGGGGHHHH! -- August 10, 2009
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2009, 09:54:31 pm »

Based on the scenario built up in advance and the fact that none of them have facial hair, I suspect the audience is mostly if not entirely female but is predominantly (a) rather butch and (b) weirdly-shaped anthropomorphic cats.
Logged

Deathwish Jones

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1
    • View Profile
Re: EEEEEAUGGGGGHHHH! -- August 10, 2009
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2009, 06:19:34 pm »

Just a bit of speculation... is CH offering Ray some kind of weird shot at redemption for their previous encounter? Ray had proven himself a coward who would desert a dying man. Maybe this is a chance for him to prove he is not that at all.

Although at this point in the arc, with all its many twists, I've come to accept that any guess I venture is going to turn out to be terribly mistaken.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: EEEEEAUGGGGGHHHH! -- August 10, 2009
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2009, 06:17:19 pm »

So I went to achewood.com for the first time in a long time, and it appears ive entered this arc at an inappropriate time. Theres an elephant, theres cartilage head, beef is committing suicide... with cartilage head... idk, I think I need to backtrack a little.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up