Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Yay us!
Happy 9th Birthday to TOUAMB.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: How long did it take you to get your Achewood gear?  (Read 6574 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
How long did it take you to get your Achewood gear?
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2003, 12:21:38 am »

Did you use the heating a can of soup recipe from the book?

Because otherwise someone could get hurt!

V-Adore

  • Guest
How long did it take you to get your Achewood gear?
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2003, 12:37:29 am »

If I had better supplies and facilities available (read: not the disgusting dorm kitchens), my cookbook ownership would actually inspire me to cook. As stands, I made the Flavor Burgers this summer and was duly impressed; tasty little things, those.

Anyway, I ordered the T-shirts I intend for Christmas this week. Just to be safe, you know?
Logged

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
How long did it take you to get your Achewood gear?
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2003, 07:46:37 am »

Quote from: "jough"
Did you use the heating a can of soup recipe from the book?

It's not that I can't cook; it was my livelyhood for awhile. I'm a domestic goddess when I get in the mood. I just haven't had the inclination do do anything harder than make a sandwich in a long time.

Maybe I need another messy breakup. The last time that happened, I did nothing but bake for a solid month.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
How long did it take you to get your Achewood gear?
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2003, 03:37:53 am »

Quote from: "Mite"

Maybe I need another messy breakup. The last time that happened, I did nothing but bake for a solid month.


Don't wish that on yourself. But if it goes down badly, I would really like some Lemon Bars and a chocolate gateau cake. If you come to Hawaii, you can use our kitchen. We'll even clean it for you and buy fresh stuff.

BTW, what kind of "cooking for a livelihood" did you do? Culinary school and the slavery that follows?
Logged

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
How long did it take you to get your Achewood gear?
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2003, 05:03:53 am »

Oh, nothing so glamorous as that. I worked for a summer as a cook for a wilderness camp I'd been going to since I was a kid. I cooked for about 50-80 people, so it was more like home cookin' for a huge family than institutional-style cafeteria food.

The best part was cooking stuff I'd collected from the woods. I just about got marriage proposals from the whole staff the morning I suprised 'em with crépes and fresh-picked raspberries for breakfast. Or nettle stew with cattail biscuits...yum.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

blim8183

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mynameisben.com
How long did it take you to get your Achewood gear?
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2003, 08:36:20 pm »

I ordered a hoodie back in September and have been expecting it everyday for the past 3 weeks. I should stop getting my hopes up...
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
How long did it take you to get your Achewood gear?
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2003, 05:16:54 pm »

Anyone receive one of the new T-shirt designs yet?  I ordered the bunny ambulance and am on pins and needles!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
How long did it take you to get your Achewood gear?
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2003, 03:09:29 am »

Has everyone received everything they ordered yet?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up