I'm assuming because I'm a Westerner, I read from left to right, and therefore count from left to right? Also, I did actually briefly consider the "fourth from left or second from right" phrasing and figured the former just sounded better.
Interestingly enough, one of the theories about why Arabs were such good traders hinged upon the fact that they could balance sums easily in their head or on paper (versus medieval Europeans, who were abacists at the time). Part of the reason, this theory goes, was because in Arabic the numbers were listed least significant bit first (as if we were to represent the number "one hundred twenty three" as 321) thus allowing for very fast addition and subtraction operations. (Not so much multiplication or division, but most retail is based on addition or subtraction).
I don't buy it; if that were the case, then users of the Perso-Arabic script would have a natural aptitude above Westerners for computer science, in understanding how the various bitwise and significant-bit operations worked. To date, I've seen no evidence showing this.