Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Established 2003
TOUAMB: Wandering off topic since the early 21st Century

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: so tumblr, who's got one  (Read 2828 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
so tumblr, who's got one
« on: February 03, 2010, 01:43:18 pm »

mine's yuhuang.tumblr.com

who else uses it here?
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: so tumblr, who's got one
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 02:34:01 pm »

[[raises hand]]

http://tonythebear.tumblr.com/

also, i added you.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: so tumblr, who's got one
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 03:34:53 pm »

hi-5 o/ consider yourself addeded
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: so tumblr, who's got one
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 03:55:05 pm »

Apparently I do too.

http://paulmcrae.tumblr.com/

I guess I signed up some time ago, but I've never used it.  What's it for?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: so tumblr, who's got one
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 04:13:12 pm »

to catch girls. it doesn't work.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: so tumblr, who's got one
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 04:53:21 pm »

its a blog, but for images and quotes and stuff like that.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: so tumblr, who's got one
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 06:07:50 pm »

[[raises hand]]

http://tonythebear.tumblr.com/

also, i added you.

Lumbago: Pain in the ass.


I am still bitter
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: so tumblr, who's got one
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 08:42:01 pm »

its a blog, but for images and quotes and stuff like that.

OK, remember the old days, when the word was "weblog", and it was a collection of links to other stuff on the web? And if you wanted to write long paragraphs from scratch, what you had was a LiveJournal?

The idea of Tumblr seems to be that's it's a place to have something more like the original kind of 'blog' but instead of just linking to photos you can actually insert them easily. And of course with added social networking features like everything has to have nowadays. But the funny thing is that of course some people are using it to write long paragraphs from scratch. Dang end users, so ill behaved.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: so tumblr, who's got one
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 10:08:46 pm »

I can't stress enough how much I like doing my journalling/blogging/whatever in a forgotten backwater of the internet.

I especially like the idea that, in places where no one cares, I am not expected to make things "visually appealing" or "interesting to anyone other than me".

Which are pretty much my two least favourite considerations in my writing.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: so tumblr, who's got one
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 11:20:00 pm »

'smets, not for nothing, but happiest day of my life was when I realised basically no one else gives 2 shits what I do.
It's really kind of liberating.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: so tumblr, who's got one
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 11:31:10 pm »

I know that in theory, but it is really hard to get it to stick in my mind to where I do not worry about stupid things.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: so tumblr, who's got one
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2010, 04:04:48 am »

I know that in theory, but it is really hard to get it to stick in my mind to where I do not worry about stupid things.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: [1]   Go Up