Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: He's cool ( 8 December )  (Read 4134 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
He's cool ( 8 December )
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2003, 08:46:00 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
It really reminds me of a computer game I used to play on the Speccy, way back. Something about the way the doors disappear of backwards, and the cutaway. Even down to the way Johnson seems to walk.
But, alas, I remember not what it was.


You must. I didn't make the connection until you pointed it out, but I am almost certain that I've played the game you're talking about, despite the fact that the Spectrum never even hit these shores (I don't think, anyway). Was the walking kinda flubbery-choppy with a little hiccup whenever you changed screens / rooms? I can just see it, even hear the crappy old disk drive grinding away, but I cannot name it. This will bother me.

Seeing a full-body human with Ray is seriously The Weird, though.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
He's cool ( 8 December )
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2003, 09:57:51 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Yeah, it's like Commander Keen meets Robert Johnson.


Not a connection I'd made, but it makes me realllly happy.  The Commander was a serious childhood hero of mine.  

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Also, Bob looks much cartoonier in today's strip.  Last week was more of a dark portrait.  Today he looks like he could be appearing in one of the New Scooby Doo Movies.  Satan could be coming to claim his soul and chasing Bob and Scoob and Shaggy around, but Velma would come up with a plan to trap him and they'd discover it wasn't really Lucifer, but ol' man Scroggins the caretaker for the record company who wanted the master tapes for himself and he woulda gotten away with it too but I can't bring myself to say the rest.


Heh.  That was precisely what I thought, and it completely and conclusively ruined the strip for me.  Except for the wallpaper, of course.
Logged
goose means greedy
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up