Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Education.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Teddy Kennedy is Dead  (Read 3824 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Teddy Kennedy is Dead
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2010, 01:19:53 am »

So I heard on the radio that Brown is opposed to gay marriage, but somewhat for abortion rights. Which just blows my mind. But then again, last November, if I recall correctly, just about every measure that sought to limit abortion rights or define life was voted down and every measure that attempted to grant homosexuals the right to marry or form civil unions was also voted down. I don't mean to start a debate on either issue. It's just kind of strange to me.

You know Massachussetts already has a universal health insurance law at the state level. I feel like they're all "Fuck you, we've got ours" to the rest of the country.

That would be awesome if this was a question on exit polls.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Teddy Kennedy is Dead
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2010, 04:17:48 am »

But then again, last November, if I recall correctly, just about every measure that sought to limit abortion rights or define life was voted down and every measure that attempted to grant homosexuals the right to marry or form civil unions was also voted down.

See, this is what drives me apeshit right now.  Glenn Beck and other conservatives keep screaming "Obama and the liberals are trying to TAKE OVER YOUR LIFE!  I DON'T RECOGNIZE MY COUNTRY ANYMORE!!"  Which has been incredibly effective in rallying their base, and scaring the shit out of stupid people.  But it's altogether not based in reality.  When I ask people "Which parts, specifically, of the Constitution do you believe are being trampled on?", I don't get an answer.  So far as I can tell, the Obama administration and the Dem-controlled Congress really haven't accomplished much, at least not much from a crazed left-winger's perspective.

Andrew Sullivan posted this list of what would have gone down if the country had in fact been run by liberals for a year.  But not a one of those things has happened.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up