Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Sssshhh...I'm discovering Sleater-Kinney. This is a special time in a boy's life.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 22nd February 2010 - I Sit At The Table kid's magazine  (Read 4394 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: 22nd February 2010 - I Sit At The Table kid's magazine
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2010, 04:56:00 am »

I keep mis-reading this thread title as "I sit at the kid's table," which sounds like a fun magazine for adults who tell knock-knock jokes and make sculptures with their mashed potatoes.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 22nd February 2010 - I Sit At The Table kid's magazine
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2010, 08:43:55 pm »

I keep mis-reading this thread title as "I sit at the kid's table," which sounds like a fun magazine for adults who tell knock-knock jokes and make sculptures with their mashed potatoes.

I never graduated from the kids table.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: 22nd February 2010 - I Sit At The Table kid's magazine
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2010, 08:59:05 pm »

I never graduated from the kids table.

emotionally, or in general?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 22nd February 2010 - I Sit At The Table kid's magazine
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2010, 09:11:01 pm »

emotionally, or in general?

I was being specific actually.  At my Grandmother's house I sat at the kid's table until I was about 22-3 years old and my Grandmother died and we stopped having parties at her house. 

Now that I've bought her house I take my meals at the same kitchen table I ate Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner on for all those years.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: 22nd February 2010 - I Sit At The Table kid's magazine
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2010, 10:41:55 pm »

Oh!

Oh, this makes me want to weep tears of nostalgia and joy and loss all at once.

Thank you for that beautiful thought, Paul.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up