Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There’s no Day for apologizing to our parents for all the stupid shit we put them through. Perhaps because we never finish before they die.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: March 30, 2010 - Why God Says Rodrigo And Vesuvio Can't File Jointly  (Read 4856 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
Re: March 30, 2010 - Why God Says Rodrigo And Vesuvio Can't File Jointly
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2010, 04:03:42 pm »

I can ignore little not-stupid things.

Ignoring big and stupid things just to move a story is more effort. I should not be having to do Nadia Comanechi level mental-gymnastics to make the basic core of the character motivations not-stupid.

And before you say "stop taking your fake cats so seriously" consider: the tight interplay of the characters off of each other and their situations is the motive force for Achewood not the funny pictures or the (not)outlandish placement. Doing shit that requires one of those "no Authorial explanation necessary" covers both highlights the poorly riveted seams of the good vessel Achewood but it's also fuck*ng lazy.

I mean, "Here's your free shit, I turned the stuff that sucks about it into a joke you can feel all special-secret-squirrel about when you have a snigger with it."

Lazy, poor effort, glad I didn't pay for it.

Whhhaaaaaammbulance. S.T.Y.F.C.S.S.

Also, I know that's an alarm clock being tossed into the suitcase, but I really want it to be a Holga. P. would totally rock a Holga.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: March 30, 2010 - Why God Says Rodrigo And Vesuvio Can't File Jointly
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2010, 05:07:43 pm »

Are you talking about when the next strip arrives?

No, no, the next few weeks in Ache-time.  So we should be seeing it around 2012 (apocalypse notwithstanding).
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: March 30, 2010 - Why God Says Rodrigo And Vesuvio Can't File Jointly
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2010, 06:57:23 am »

I'm still not sure what to make of this arc, but at least now it's heading somewhere more adventurous than the Sharper Image stuff.  Whenever Onstad's having a dry spell I always wind up secretly waiting for some amazing ChatSack-style turnaround, but after that Lash of Thanatos business last year I have higher hopes than usual this time.

Also, it's good to see "flut" make another appearance.  It's been far too long.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: March 30, 2010 - Why God Says Rodrigo And Vesuvio Can't File Jointly
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2010, 12:36:54 pm »

What Ash said.  Also, since when has Philippe been longing to go home?  Is this something I missed, or is this also part of the things that will not be provided via authorial explanation.

I had sort of assumed that with his need for toilet therapy and the disturbing behavior of his mother that he had been adopted/fostered by the others intentionally.

Regardless a possible Philippe story line is always a good thing for me.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: March 30, 2010 - Why God Says Rodrigo And Vesuvio Can't File Jointly
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2010, 03:42:34 pm »

What Ash said.  Also, since when has Philippe been longing to go home?  Is this something I missed, or is this also part of the things that will not be provided via authorial explanation.

I had sort of assumed that with his need for toilet therapy and the disturbing behavior of his mother that he had been adopted/fostered by the others intentionally.

Regardless a possible Philippe story line is always a good thing for me.
It's sort of alluded to in Achewood: Vol. 2.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up