Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Surprising fact: wearing clothes burns 12 more calories per day than nudity.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: At the mall w/Ray, Beef and Ray's Mama -- 12/12  (Read 1912 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
At the mall w/Ray, Beef and Ray's Mama -- 12/12
« on: December 16, 2003, 01:02:17 am »

Anybody else read this yet?

I get a distinct feeling that Onstad's childhood was very much like Ray's.  Also, I like the subtle way that Ray's Mom is being developed as a shadow character.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
At the mall w/Ray, Beef and Ray's Mama -- 12/12
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2003, 01:41:19 am »

I was nearly inspired to start cutting up paper towel tubes, until I remembered I was a grownup.  But I don't know a kind of rubber ball that turns to dust when you step on it.  Maybe  it's something they hadn't invented yet in my day?

Sachertorte and fries, though.  Yuck.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
At the mall w/Ray, Beef and Ray's Mama -- 12/12
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2003, 02:07:36 am »

I used to have a block & marble set just for this purpose. It was glorious.

I think he's talking about super high bounce balls. You'd usually get them like 3 for a quarter out of drug store vending machines. Although I only rarely encountered the cheap dusty-break-apart ones. They were always translucent.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
At the mall w/Ray, Beef and Ray's Mama -- 12/12
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2003, 03:54:48 pm »

Perhaps you'd be interested in this, then.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
At the mall w/Ray, Beef and Ray's Mama -- 12/12
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2003, 03:30:35 am »

I loved the calico mention. Just to remind us they're cats.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up