Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Note how white pepper, ground freshly into one's hand, makes it smell as though you've been rubbing your open palm around on a horse's anus.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kurt Vonnegut Memorial Library  (Read 1548 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Kurt Vonnegut Memorial Library
« on: August 22, 2010, 07:19:12 pm »

For those of you that didn't know (me). link
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Kurt Vonnegut Memorial Library
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 10:23:26 am »

Nice, especially the rejection letters. Most of us will probably never be world renowned leaders of our fields but just on the off chance those suckers are worth keeping so that they can be used when people figure out how to turn shadenfreude into clean energy.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Kurt Vonnegut Memorial Library
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 12:55:29 pm »

Since I'm about 90 minutes from Indianapolis, I'm planning on making a trip sooner or later.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Kurt Vonnegut Memorial Library
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 02:50:49 pm »

when people figure out how to turn shadenfreude into clean energy.

I just fell in love with Doc all over again. Have a can.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Kurt Vonnegut Memorial Library
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 05:40:59 pm »

I just realized I have never gotten a rejection letter, only rejection emails.

(I think it probably would have been good for me to get some, but I am SO AWESOME.)

I was always kind of glad when I got rejection emails back from jobs, because that meant they at least looked at my resume and stuff.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: [1]   Go Up