Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

How Does He Smell?

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Down

Author Topic: Onstad's latest Achewood Supplement: http://martini.assetbar.com/achewood/home  (Read 42635 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile

You know, the whole internet meme thing has become like the worst possible realization of SNL catchphrases. It's like every day the internet screams at me "The Nabunator! Makin' the copies! Nabu-doodle-doo! Copying things! The Brush-Man!"

I wish I was dead. Or I wish I were dead. Either may be used.

Is that seriously the correct english construction? It sounds dubious as to whether you wish you had been dead and then brought back, like via necromancer magic.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile

Which construction are you questioning? I hope it's the second one, I'd like to think that the fussy old English subjunctive is dying out with You Kids Today.

But what I wish is that I had the slightest idea what the rest of Nabu's post meant.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron

Here ya go. And may God have mercy on your soul.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile

Well, now I am even more confused... Wasn't Saturday Night Live a show that was supposed to be funny?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives

I've seen Saturday Night Live many times, but I don't remember it ever being funny.  I thought it was a compendium of "think pieces" wherein people would present performance art pieces.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron

It all went downhill after "I would like to feed your fingertips to the wolverines".
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile

It all went downhill after Gilda left. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile

Poor Gilda.  What a loss.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile

I remember Bobby Isosceles saying that he was going to wait until Onstad lost interest in the premium assetbar before signing up and downloading all the content. News about content made me think that the time is right. Now, Bobby, now. Except you're baleeted.

I paid for it, downloaded the PDFs (haven't looked at them yet), and have no regrets.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

While reading this announcement I just noticed the Shop link is gone entirely.  Has it been like that for a while and I'm just noticing? I assume this means I'll never get that cookbook I paid for last year.
Logged

MrCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 18
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 122
    • View Profile

I paid for it, downloaded the PDFs (haven't looked at them yet), and have no regrets.

I've been paying since he started it. While I don't love that the segmentation into paid-for and not, the man has given me many a chuckle and there are far too many strips that are etched into my memory. In return for that, I'm willing to toss the occasional shiny dollar in his direction.

The chapbooks that he posted t'other day are some pretty tough chuckles. Except without the chuckles. From reading them, I can only imagine that the dude is going through some tough times. I've got some good friends who suffer from the dark dog and reading those chapbooks feels rather like deja-vu. Even Roast Beef seems happier than Onstad does.
Logged
I'LL BE DEAD BY THE TIME THEY SLAP THE CUFFS ON

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile

While reading this announcement I just noticed the Shop link is gone entirely.  Has it been like that for a while and I'm just noticing? I assume this means I'll never get that cookbook I paid for last year.

I think I noticed that a couple of weeks ago.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile

Chris may want to speak to his physician about Abilify.

Also:  What is the point of reviewing a concert?  It's over.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

so you can say "I saw them back when they were good."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Up