Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

“Do what you love and the money will follow,” as they say, but I would add, “...but don’t do ONLY what you love until it generates adequate cash flow.” -=RAY=-

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gordon Brown  (Read 1409 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Gordon Brown
« on: December 15, 2010, 12:35:52 am »

I don't have anything to say about him really.  Just heard him being interviewed by Jon Stewart and he seems like a really alright guy.  But one thing I noticed about him is his voice.  He sounds exactly like Long John Baldry.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 03:55:20 pm by pmcd9 »
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Gordon Brown
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 04:24:17 am »

Felt a bit sorry for Gordo. Came in at a bad time to be Prime Minister and was left to reap the shitty seeds of economic failure that Blair and the global economy had sewn. Kinda funny 'cause for years he'd been waiting on that succession promise.

Nowt worse than a media campaign against you when your government's on the ropes and that's exactly what poor Gordon got. Some of it was vile really. He became the first PM in British history to write personal letters to the families of deceased soldiers (not an easy job for Churchill tbf), and rather than laud this non-publicised, seemingly genuine attempt at some kind of humanity, the papers pounced on a couple of errors he'd made in one of them and used this to hammer home an impression of his Scottish coldness, already established by his miserly image (Scot, deals with money, looks kind of grey)

Oh, and he couldn't do a beaming smile to save his life.

Anyway, it's fine now, the Scots are back in their natural position beating up the face-of-Goverrnment toffs behind the scenes so everything runs smoothly.

Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Gordon Brown
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 11:28:18 am »

Yes, that's all well and good, but what about the Long John Baldry comparison?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up