Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that Wombat has figured out how to edit the News Box!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: SWAT team in the neighbourhood  (Read 3094 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: SWAT team in the neighbourhood
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2010, 01:06:03 am »

Somebody stole our recycling bin this year. It was full of bottles, and I think it was just more convenient for them to take the whole shooting match.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: SWAT team in the neighbourhood
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2010, 02:04:30 am »

Yeah, for us, they just took the bin.  We never have anything valuable in the bin itself.  Although I nearly did have a case of empties I put down on the stoop taken while I stepped back in the house to get the other cases of empties.  I literally left them there for less than a minute, and when I returned there was a guy about to take them.  That was an awkward coverstation with a scruffy dude way too close to my front door. 

Him: Oh sorry, can I have these.
Me: Well no, actually I was just about to take them to the vendor along with these ones.  I just couldn't carry them all at once.
Him: Oh, can't I have them?
Me: No, like I said, I'm taking them to the vendor so I can afford my beer.
Him:  Oh, okay.

The thing was, I had more cases in the house, but the guy skeeved me out so much I just decided to load what I had in the vehicle and get the rest later.

It was a year later when the air conditioner cover was stolen, and I remember telling my husband that now whoever stole our recycling bin had a fancy tablecloth for their recycling-bin-dinner-table.

In the first five years we lived here, my husband's truck got broken in to 10 times.  We finally had the poor old truck towed way for scrap this month, so now we no longer have a break-in barometer for if things are the same, worse or better in the hood.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: SWAT team in the neighbourhood
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2010, 03:03:13 am »

I was sort of pissed about it because we put out bottles and they rifle through and take what they want. We don't begrudge them the bottles, you know?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: SWAT team in the neighbourhood
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2010, 03:12:32 am »

Someone broke into the Technical Staff's car a while ago and stole his GPS and an umbrella. I mean, seriously, an umbrella?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: SWAT team in the neighbourhood
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2010, 04:03:48 am »

One of the many times they broke into my husband's truck they stole about $3 worth of change, and that was it.

The last time they stole nothing (there was nothing left to steal) but they tried to drill out both the door locks and smashed both passenger windows.  It was a little excessive for a standard truck with a dead battery and destroyed exhaust system.  The glove box was opened, but there was nothing but a few napkins in there.  So much effort for no reward. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up