Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Man Pat you don't gotta talk to me like they teach you in that class for people with too much anger.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: oldest Living Grammy Winner  (Read 1390 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
oldest Living Grammy Winner
« on: March 21, 2011, 10:07:02 pm »

Is, uh... well he's no longer living

Muddy's putting his band back together in heaven.  Legendary Muddy Waters sideman Pinetop Perkins passed away this morning.

I've not listened to but a few snippets of his solo work, but I am a huge fan of his work with Muddy Waters.  Particularly this album.  But then again, I wasn't aware he was making critically acclaimed albums.  I only learned about his Grammy when I read his obit.  I'll have to give that one a listen.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: oldest Living Grammy Winner
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 10:19:36 pm »

Dammit.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1]   Go Up