Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat changed her avatar back and no one noticed. Her feelings are hurt.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2001-11-19 Illegal Ghost Bikes  (Read 3062 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 05:27:09 pm by pmcd9 »
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Illegal Ghost Bikes
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 04:26:45 pm »

I will never forget the first time I saw a ghost bike in Portland, and I was all "what the fuck is that? Who leaves a spray-painted bike chained to a sign?" and my wife had to tell me that was where somebody died. Took the chipper right off my day.

Kind of like when I was in a Mexican strip club, and me and the guy I was there with were watching bull riding videos, and I eventually asked him why every once in a while they'd put a little skull and crossbones in the corner of the clip at the end - and of course he said "that means the rider got killed".
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 2001-11-19 Illegal Ghost Bikes
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 05:27:29 pm »

I thought we were gonna do this in order.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: 2001-11-19 Illegal Ghost Bikes
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 05:34:36 pm »

I think it's just a coincidence that the Utne article showed up now.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: 2001-11-19 Illegal Ghost Bikes
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 10:12:25 pm »

Yea, I wasn't trying to horn in on what Keith has been doing.   Just saw the article and posted it.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 2001-11-19 Illegal Ghost Bikes
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 10:18:34 pm »

Sorry.  I didn't realize that was a new article.  I guess I should read it now.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up