Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I had to look up how pi is derived. It has been sixteen years since the SAT, yet still, I feel very ashamed

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Food in St. Louis  (Read 2139 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Food in St. Louis
« on: August 04, 2011, 04:27:20 pm »

My ladyfriend is going to St. Louis for a conference and needs recommendations on where to eat. Conference is at America’s Center and she's at a Mariott that she says is very near the Arch. She likely won't have a car.


Aaaaaaaand go!


[of course tI would be away right now]
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Food in St. Louis
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 04:32:24 pm »

Very clever CJ.  This will get Inev to come back for sure.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Food in St. Louis
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 05:57:46 pm »

I don't know much about the geography of St. Louis, so these suggestions may be completely worthless.  But:

Gotta get frozen custard at Ted Drewes.

We went to Iron Barley largely because it was on a Food Network show. And it was quite good.

Every time I go to St. Louis, I tell my friend there I want to go to the place that serves pig snout sandwiches. And he always says no. (It doesn't help that he's Jewish.) One of these days...
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Food in St. Louis
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 08:09:25 pm »

Yeah, I don't know much about where to eat downtown. 

But Ted Drewes is a must.  Imo's Pizza is worth a try -- thin, crackerlike crust, Provel (a gooey process cheese that's a mix of provelone, swiss and cheddar).  I dunno.  Have a Gus's Pretzel.  World's Fair Donuts.

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Food in St. Louis
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 05:18:37 am »

Yeah, I have lived in St. Louis for a year and hell if I've ever eaten downtown. Is there a Pi (pizza) downtown?

I'm pretty sure that the grocery store inev works at is downtown.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Food in St. Louis
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 05:28:04 am »

Send your lady to Inev's store and tell him he has to come back because we are a cult and he's not allowed to leave.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Food in St. Louis
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 04:17:37 pm »

I work downtown. Is she still here? Is she here for the ASAE thing?

I recommend Pi, breakfast at Rooster, Ted Drewes frozen custard... if she is still around, she should get in touch with me and I will show her the sights. Unless that is super creepy. We could camp out on Grand Ave until we see Q.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Food in St. Louis
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 04:46:09 pm »

Yeah, she's in for ASAE. She went to Ted Drewes a couple days ago and said it was really good. I'll e-mail her the other stuff.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up