Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Would Star Trek have had the same gravitas if Spock had been named Vince?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: For those not always looking for humour in their comics...  (Read 2421 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
For those not always looking for humour in their comics...
« on: August 08, 2003, 08:19:35 pm »

While I have mentioned it before here, I feel it deserves a proper mention in the 'others' section.
Broken Saints is a stunning (both in visuals, plot/writing, and music) cross between anime and comic books. It features some animated aspects (constructed in Flash from handdrawn artwork), but all the characters are barely animated, save for some motion. All speech is handled somic book style. It is a 24 part Flash comic, and can be downloaded in zip's to keep or watch without the burden of bandwidth problems. The first bunch weigh in at arounf 5mb a piece, though the last chapter is around 40mb I think!
I am only about halfway through it, though I downloaded it all in a couple of evenings (on 56k and a shitty line no less), so I can't vouch for how it ends yet, but as I say, if you're not concerned about humour strips, and are interested in anime/manga or comic books, it may well be worth a try.
If you're at all intrigued by the first part, but not convinced, give it a couple more to see, 'cause the plot becomes more important and noticable throughout. The first, while I loved it, was a bit confusing, and one of my mates I think only made it through a couple before giving up with cries of 'Aaaaargh what the fuck!?!? It's weird!'
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: [1]   Go Up