Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Alright, America. I'm playing the underpants and pants game. If just for one more day.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: True Blood Title Sequence  (Read 1239 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
True Blood Title Sequence
« on: August 22, 2013, 04:41:50 am »

The opening credits for True Blood are pretty great. Check it out here if you've never seen it. It calls to mind for me the fantastic documentary Searching for the Wrong Eyed Jesus. So I wasn't surprised when I read that Wrong Eyed Jesus was a major influence on the look and feel of the sequence.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: True Blood Title Sequence
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 04:56:28 pm »

Wow, thanks for that Paul.  The title sequence is one of my favourite parts of that show.  My sister in law had been watching it for 2 years and prompting me to give it a try.  I was completely vamped out by Twilight and all of its knock offs splitting the seams of pop culture at the time so I didn't get around to it until the 3rd season.  Needless to say I was completely blown away by the powerful and poetic imagery - the dead fox time-lapse exploding into maggots and rot especially.  I found the series itself uneven in delivering on the promise of those credits, but I loves me some Anna Paquin.  I skipped last year's season - the fact that this year is supposed to be the last one might get me to watch some to see if the writing rallies for a good quality ending.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: True Blood Title Sequence
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 08:15:46 pm »

Yeah, the title sequence is better than the show itself. Although I am enjoying the show a lot as well. It's campy and fun. And like you, I really like Anna Paquin and the fact that she is frequently naked is a huge draw.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up