Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's sad thing: A reeking tweaker couple looking in the gas station freezer for "that pizza that was good in the microwave last time."

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moonbats  (Read 1255 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Moonbats
« on: October 24, 2013, 10:37:41 pm »

I was about to post "Just listened to the Green Party and Socialist Party candidate for (Houston) mayor on the radio. What a couple of moonbats those two are." Well I thought better of posting something political on Facebook, but before I did I decided to look up moonbat to make sure It means what I think it means. Turns out it it's an even more perfect word than I even knew. According to Wikipedia it's " a pejorative political epithet referring to progressives or leftists." I thought it just meant loony or out there. I had no idea it specifically refereed to left-wing loonies.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Moonbats
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 10:42:01 pm »

"Wingnut" would be the term for their across-the-aisle counterparts.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Moonbats
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 11:54:17 pm »

left wing loonies? That's unpossible!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: [1]   Go Up