Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that the best way to sound like a noob here is to ask what the Tiny Cans of Dr. Pepper are about?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feb 21 2014 - Fry it in butter 'til it matters  (Read 7933 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Feb 21 2014 - Fry it in butter 'til it matters
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2014, 09:21:19 pm »

No one has mentioned the Beau Brummels poster so I will. Probably most of you pups have never heard of this band. They were an American Beatles knock off from the early 60s. They had a monster hit with Laugh Laugh. They also had a big hit with Just a Little. But this poster is from Triangle, one of their later albums when they had morphed into full on Psychedelica.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: Feb 21 2014 - Fry it in butter 'til it matters
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2014, 09:41:31 pm »

I'm not really sure how to interpret what the decor has to say about Téodor's tastes.

I caught it! I caught it! Look at me! Validate me!

I guess the framed record is just a piece of Connie's Americanized anglophilia. Now I find myself thirstin' for some armagnac.
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Feb 21 2014 - Fry it in butter 'til it matters
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2014, 09:54:43 pm »

I missed your comment Malcolm. Sorry about that. But what I want to know is had you ever heard of this band or did you Google it?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: Feb 21 2014 - Fry it in butter 'til it matters
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2014, 10:14:03 pm »

^ you beat me there, Paul. I am but a poser on this front. Weirdly, I was familiar with Beau Brummell the 19th c. dandy, but I had never heard of the band. Been listening to Triangle today while working, and I'm  enjoying it though
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Feb 21 2014 - Fry it in butter 'til it matters
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2014, 10:23:01 pm »

To be fair I had never heard of Triangle, it wasn't exactly a hit. I knew of their big hits and I actually have one of their early albums that I picked up at a garage sale in the 80s. It's really good Beatlesque pop music.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Feb 21 2014 - Fry it in butter 'til it matters
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2014, 11:16:10 pm »

I have a couple of their songs from 60s compilations, but listening to them now none of them are familiar. Hmm.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jsv

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12
    • View Profile
Re: Feb 21 2014 - Fry it in butter 'til it matters
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2014, 03:55:18 pm »

Also, am I just a dum-dum for not understanding Connie's thing with the anti-convulsants?

I think the idea is that Cornelius would be so traumatized by T's mess he'd get the Conniptions?
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Feb 21 2014 - Fry it in butter 'til it matters
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2014, 05:42:22 am »

No comic today, huh?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Feb 21 2014 - Fry it in butter 'til it matters
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2014, 05:50:56 am »

Feb 28 2014 - so much as bupkis
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: Feb 21 2014 - Fry it in butter 'til it matters
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2014, 02:10:02 pm »

march the foremost and still bupkis, nada, &c.
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up