I was wondering how you were doing all that within the confines of a normal work week. I'm stoked if I can get the kids to school on time, work out, and coach for 6 hours a week. On Saturday, my daughter was helping me in the front yard, and we were fixing the lighted house number (putting back the baling wire that the landlord had wrapped to hold it temporarily permanently in place). She asked if there was a better way we could do it, and I said yes, but Jard won't pay to do something right. Just like the bathroom, the roof, the furnace, the water pipes, the soda straw we apparently have a sewer line and so on. She asked, how about if you could do all that, would you? I sort of envisioned quickly what it would be like, and it was kind of daunting (this is a house that is only 35 years old). I said, if it was our house, I had 6 weeks, $60,000 and competent help, sure. The problem is its on a slab foundation, so in reality there is only so much you can do without tearing it down and building anew being the more reasonable option.
I think we're about 8 months away from moving. Its getting intolerable.