Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Poll

Well?

Lileks.com
- 12 (38.7%)
Search engine
- 1 (3.2%)
Recommended by a friend
- 8 (25.8%)
Another dumbrella site
- 9 (29%)
Metafilter
- 1 (3.2%)
Memepool
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Voting closed: August 01, 2003, 04:52:41 pm


Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: How did you discover Achewood?  (Read 12331 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
How did you discover Achewood?
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2003, 11:39:44 pm »

Ye Olde Bleat. Which I found via the formerly proper Absurd Pamphet Press
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
How did you discover Achewood?
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2003, 06:16:13 pm »

YOU PEOPLE TURN EVERYTHING INTO POOP

Feel better, Wombat?  Should I be meaner?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
How did you discover Achewood?
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2003, 08:01:55 pm »

Lileks forum is up here..  Relevant portions of this thread have been split and posted there.  

Have at it.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
How did you discover Achewood?
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2003, 08:32:42 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
YOU PEOPLE TURN EVERYTHING INTO POOP

Feel better, Wombat?  Should I be meaner?


Ahhhh.

No, you're doing great, keep up the good work.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
How did you discover Achewood?
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2003, 09:29:54 pm »

I made the one lonely search engine vote, but that's not really accurate. I somehow got to Achewood through Red Meat and Maakies, I think. And only then on to Goats, WiGU, DS, etc.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Sporkadelic

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4
    • View Profile
How did you discover Achewood?
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2003, 03:38:59 am »

I didn't vote, because "I forget" isn't one of the choices.  As advertising folks know, you've got to give people a certain number of "impressions" of a product before it sinks in at all.  It could have been some other comics site or board, or it might have been someone's blog.  Could well have been Lileks, a daily read for me.  I do remember checking Achewood out a couple times and being baffled, before it clicked with me.
Logged

dmt

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
How did you discover Achewood?
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2003, 03:38:59 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Goats.com, here: technically not a Dumbrella site, but I figured it was close enough for the polls.


Double-Ditto for me.
Logged

satchel

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 108
    • View Profile
Comixxor
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2003, 06:58:37 pm »

I found it from Diesel Sweeties.
Logged
[size=10]Remember when Buffy's mom grounded her, sighing that the world wasn't going to end if Buffy didn't go out with her friends that night? But the world really was going to end![/size]

weeeeee

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 17
    • View Profile
Re: Comixxor
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2003, 05:14:18 pm »

I found it from drew's website, I think, and one of my friends pointed it out from that site after I'd shown him the drew archives. I think drew is/was part of the dumbrella community.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up