Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hydroponic seltzer clams.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just found this.  (Read 4349 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Just found this.
« on: March 22, 2004, 05:00:02 pm »

The Crimson Room
Which you may have come across, as it's quite well known.

But, saving the best for last, is a wonderful little game funded by ABC.
The Chasm
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Re: Just found this.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2004, 07:57:23 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
The Crimson Room
Which you may have come across, as it's quite well known.


Damn you, slink.  I've spent the past 2 hours off and on in that damn crimson room, rather than working on my dissertation.  I always get hooked by games like that, but there's always one item I can never find...I keep going around in cicrles.

Still, it beats working...

Edit:  Moments later, I found the other item I was looking for.  Dammit.
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Just found this.
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2004, 09:43:46 pm »

I got stuck in a circle for ages, but got it in the end.
I'm still to manage The Chasm. I got to trying to climb the pipes, but the deluge keeps getting me. I haven't quite worked out whether it is about the order you hop through them or whether there's a switch somewhere for them.

Was something else to do besides real gaming.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Just found this.
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2004, 11:47:57 pm »

Jebus, people. It's a good thing I didn't have anything planned for tonight...

Oh, and thank you.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Just found this.
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2004, 02:27:16 am »

Quote from: "slink"
I got stuck in a circle for ages, but got it in the end.
I'm still to manage The Chasm. I got to trying to climb the pipes, but the deluge keeps getting me. I haven't quite worked out whether it is about the order you hop through them or whether there's a switch somewhere for them.

Was something else to do besides real gaming.


It's the order you go through them.  I spent an entire afternoon on the Chasm once.  As I recall, you have to start in one of the middle pipes, then keep going up and to the left until you hit a door.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Just found this.
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2004, 04:04:09 am »

Okay, yeah, I've played and beat Chasm... a while back. But have you played WorldBuilder??
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Just found this.
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2004, 06:07:24 am »

Just finally beat the Crimson Room - that damn battery was hard to find.  And it took me awhile to figure out how many times to click to find the safe.

fuck*ng Japanese people.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Just found this.
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2004, 10:14:20 am »

Quote from: "jough"

fuck*ng Japanese people.


Not kidding.
It was the second ring that got me! Took me a while.
Now I just wish he'd hurry up with the other room.

As for World Builder, Choop, it's just loading (dialup and all) so I will see what it's all about in a moment. Although well, it's lego and that's always a good thing (attempts a trip to the attic to find big huge boxes of lego).
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Just found this.
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2004, 12:06:16 am »

I kept starting the damn movie and getting called away from the Computer so it took 25 minutes just to see the end of it and know what to do from there.

It was frustrating and enjoyable once I got through it. It would be interesting to see the next room.

J
Logged

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Just found this.
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2004, 02:59:58 am »

MOTAS was way better.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up