Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

this is a messageboard. people talk about stuffs in messageboards. all is well&all is good.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: about half this piece of paper - mar 12  (Read 2291 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

palm trees

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 203
    • View Profile
about half this piece of paper - mar 12
« on: March 12, 2004, 10:08:01 am »

bing-bang, one-two. punchline set up, exectuted.
it made me chuckle, although it's clearly just setting up a final awesome powerful deep shoe showdown (shoedown?). rock.
Logged
[size=10]***DESTROY VINYL***[/size][/color]

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
about half this piece of paper - mar 12
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2004, 02:03:23 pm »

I hate it when peopel say "on accident."

That is all.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
about half this piece of paper - mar 12
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2004, 02:17:47 pm »

Oh, man, do I hate that.  So annoying.  

I love how Lazarus is totally the most passive-agressive shoe ever.  All pretending to be just like his dad, but secretly hating him.  

All pushing a right-wing agenda.  

All symbiotically linking himself with an idiot playa cat.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

V-Adore

  • Guest
about half this piece of paper - mar 12
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2004, 03:15:50 pm »

At first I thought that Ray totally eating half the piece of paper was a sign of his being woozy from pseudo-possession by Lazarus, but then I realized it was really just Ray.

GUYS LIKE BACH USED TO DO STUFF LIKE THIS, MAN
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
about half this piece of paper - mar 12
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2004, 03:44:40 pm »

Ha, I actually really liked this one, just because of the whole juxtaposition of "deep shoes/silly cat."
OR MAYBE I LIKES IT WHEN THE AMINALS TALK, GEORGE.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
about half this piece of paper - mar 12
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2004, 10:57:10 pm »

very happy this storyline will be ending soon, evem if this is the funniest strip in it so far.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
about half this piece of paper - mar 12
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2004, 11:29:16 pm »

Ee.  Agreed.
Logged
goose means greedy

V-Adore

  • Guest
about half this piece of paper - mar 12
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2004, 12:01:14 am »

I hold out hope for a pleasant denouement, especially once Lazarus and Leopold's father shows up. I picture his deathbed being a sad, dilapidated shoebox, still filled with the tissue-paper detritus of the family's genesis.

Then again, this really should have stopped after the first strip. Give us Lazarus, and then Ray tripping out, and never refer to it again. Comedy gold!
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up