Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I haven't had a haircut since July. I'm hoping to, "wait it out."

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Action Comics #1  (Read 3288 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Action Comics #1
« on: March 18, 2004, 04:43:50 pm »

This is fascinating.  Superman is kind of thuggish.  He also has a sloping brow that makes him look like a neanderthal.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Action Comics #1
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2004, 06:07:56 pm »

That was excellent.  I wish they'd have Superman putting the fear of g-d into current corrupt politicians.  Superman all running along electric wires with Donald Rumsfeld.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Action Comics #1
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2004, 06:32:27 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
This is fascinating.  Superman is kind of thuggish.  He also has a sloping brow that makes him look like a neanderthal.


That was a car full of gansters was it not..

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Action Comics #1
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2004, 06:45:29 am »

I just re-read the story, it's been a few years.  Oh yeah thuggish might be the right word, but I think those creeps got off easy.  Ol' Clark just had his balls handed to him by that cold hearted bitch Lois Lane.  So I say he acted with restraint.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Action Comics #1
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2004, 04:51:54 pm »

I'm a big fan of the guy on the cover who is JUST FREAKIN' OUT about yonder Ubermensch.
Logged
goose means greedy

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Action Comics #1
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2004, 05:23:28 pm »

I can't believe I read every page. Thank goodness they recognized the one quality story they had and dumped the rest. "Sticky Mitts Johnson" -- what the ...? &c.

Also, DAILY STAR. And "attendants," not "adoptive parents."
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

V-Adore

  • Guest
Action Comics #1
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2004, 05:53:22 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
I'm a big fan of the guy on the cover who is JUST FREAKIN' OUT about yonder Ubermensch.

I'm not entirely sure I can blame him. Also, I like how the governor is so certain he's being menaced by a madman, mostly because he's actually right -- it's a mark of something that we today can accept the idea of a square-jawed guy in a silly costume marching into the governor's mansion to enforce justice.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Action Comics #1
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2004, 06:18:15 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
I'm a big fan of the guy on the cover who is JUST FREAKIN' OUT about yonder Ubermensch.


Are you talking about the guy on his hands and knees gawkin' or the guy holding his head like it's gonna fall off?  'Cause they're both pretty cool.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Action Comics #1
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2004, 07:10:24 am »

I like the guy running away like a bitch. Ol Supe' laid a double-nut beatdown on the baddies in those early days.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up