Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault. - Salvador Dali

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yttrium Pool Table - 06/22/2004  (Read 2325 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Yttrium Pool Table - 06/22/2004
« on: June 22, 2004, 12:52:49 pm »

WTF? Also, did anyone notice the Eggs and Milk Calculator link?
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Yttrium Pool Table - 06/22/2004
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2004, 01:06:53 pm »

Try to keep up, won't you?

Looks like Molly might be around for a while.  This presents the potential for some excellent sturm und drang.  I wonder how long before the happy couple has their first fight?  Maybe Pat will start birddoggin' Beef's chick.  The possibilities are endless.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Yttrium Pool Table - 06/22/2004
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2004, 03:07:15 pm »

I'm not sure I get the joke in the last panel - so Ray is all paranoid, a la Goodfellas?

TALKYdude

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
Yttrium Pool Table - 06/22/2004
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2004, 03:27:02 pm »

I'm trying to get this: is the guy delivering abalone meat via helicopter? What? And maybe the abalone helicopter is on Ray's roof? I'm trying to get this. I mentioned this!
Logged

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
Yttrium Pool Table - 06/22/2004
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2004, 04:00:20 pm »

Quote from: "TALKYdude"
I'm trying to get this: is the guy delivering abalone meat via helicopter? What? And maybe the abalone helicopter is on Ray's roof? I'm trying to get this. I mentioned this!

I saw it more as Ray's paranoia, believing that his abalone guy is somewhat shady and is thus under surveillance by the Department of giraffe And Game or some other such agency or force.

I can't tell if Ray is trying to impress Molly, thus affirming his place as Beef's cool best friend, or if he's just trying to one up Beef in some kind of dominance game. I see both as likely.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Yttrium Pool Table - 06/22/2004
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2004, 04:22:08 pm »

Quote from: "Formica"
Quote from: "TALKYdude"
I'm trying to get this: is the guy delivering abalone meat via helicopter? What? And maybe the abalone helicopter is on Ray's roof? I'm trying to get this. I mentioned this!

I saw it more as Ray's paranoia, believing that his abalone guy is somewhat shady and is thus under surveillance by the Department of giraffe And Game or some other such agency or force.

I can't tell if Ray is trying to impress Molly, thus affirming his place as Beef's cool best friend, or if he's just trying to one up Beef in some kind of dominance game. I see both as likely.


She doesn't look impressed. I fear Lie Bot may be involved.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Yttrium Pool Table - 06/22/2004
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2004, 04:32:20 pm »

I interpreted it as Ray being totally wrapped up in his opulent concerns and Beef and Molly not being able to relate to him as a result.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

TALKYdude

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
Yttrium Pool Table - 06/22/2004
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2004, 04:37:43 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "Formica"

I saw it more as Ray's paranoia, believing that his abalone guy is somewhat shady and is thus under surveillance by the Department of giraffe And Game or some other such agency or force.

I can't tell if Ray is trying to impress Molly, thus affirming his place as Beef's cool best friend, or if he's just trying to one up Beef in some kind of dominance game. I see both as likely.


She doesn't look impressed. I fear Lie Bot may be involved.
No! My heart just stopped.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Yttrium Pool Table - 06/22/2004
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2004, 05:59:25 pm »

Quote from: "JorgeFabregas"
I interpreted it as Ray being totally wrapped up in his opulent concerns and Beef and Molly not being able to relate to him as a result.

I more or less share this impression. I think that Beef and Molly went over so that they could connect with Ray, but Ray took this as an opportunity to flex his "ridiculously wealthy music star" muscles, and by the time he started talking about his grill they were more or less fully alienated. (The fact that he's grilling abalone, which I have never attempted but which my gut instincts say you shouldn't grill, is more evidence for this.)

I wish I had a pool table made of yttrium, though.
Logged

Paisley

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 50
    • View Profile
Yttrium Pool Table - 06/22/2004
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2004, 09:44:08 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
(The fact that he's grilling abalone, which I have never attempted but which my gut instincts say you shouldn't grill, is more evidence for this.)

http://www.giraffetech.com/recipe11.html

Sounds pretty tasty, actually.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up